Tooth Extraction: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamangler

Veteran
Took about a week to 12 days for mine to completely be pain free. Took painkillers for first 3-4 days I think. I was worried about dry socket as I've had it twice before and it really does hurt! I was extra carefull no vigorous rinsing for a few day and all was ok. I need another tooth out soon as it's broken and keep flaring up. After being scared to death about having the wisdom tooth out I can say I'm not bothered at all about having this one out I would happily have it pulled right now.

OP
OP
PhilDawson8270

PhilDawson8270

Veteran
Day 5

Less swelling still. Feeling much better, but lost a stitch this morning trying to get my porridge out of the tooth. I called my dentist as nobody near work would look at it who suggested 5 days is about time anyway for the stitches to start coming out.

OP
OP
PhilDawson8270

PhilDawson8270

Veteran
Not much for day 6

Ate hot dogs and soft small chicken. Still no increase in pain or discomfort.

For all the fuss and worry, it's turning out to be a fairly uneventful procedure and recovery, I have a feeling waiting 6 days to eat something more solid than mash was a little too cautious though.

OP
OP
PhilDawson8270

PhilDawson8270

Veteran
I'm not sure whether to be happy, surprised, relieved, or a little disappointed in myself.

The last of my stitches have fallen out, I've been eating curry, chicken, cake, chocolate :biggrin:
Still a tiny bit of discomfort on one tooth but nothing I'd even consider taking something for.

But strange that for all the worrying, and stressing. It was all rather quite uneventful. I guess medical professionals really are quite knowledgeable and are generally very capable people and there's nothing to worry about :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm not sure whether to be happy, surprised, relieved, or a little disappointed in myself.

The last of my stitches have fallen out, I've been eating curry, chicken, cake, chocolate :biggrin:
Excellent!

One of the things that I like most about having had my teeth sorted out is being able to eat tricky things like nuts again without having to be super-careful.

Top Bottom