Tour de Celeb: Louie’s cycling safety demo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I don't pay anything, I raise lots. I'm not required to do so, but I tend to raise the money anyway. I'm sure you did get that, I suspect it's another poor attempt at trolling from you.
Sorry it was twenty to one and I had been down the pub. No trolling intended.

I've just re read it - you get asked to ride and you do raise lots that's cool. How do raise so much or so often, are you always asking the same people to sponsor you?

Moi? Non!!

Decent club rider, occasional leader. Best I've achieved to date was the Tour de Yorkshire sportive 85 miles, 8500 feet but the climbs come in waves rather than three long ones. Think the Tour de Celeb would take me 7.5 - 8 hours. I'm 62.

Anyway I'll give it a go in 2018 unless I can get on 2017

Good stuff.

Sorry it was twenty to one and I had been down the pub. No trolling intended.

I've just re read it - you get asked to ride and you do raise lots that's cool. How do raise so much or so often, are you always asking the same people to sponsor you?
No worries, I just put it out there, and see what happens as regards sponsorships. Soshal Meeja is always a good bet. I often get asked to do it by local hospices and the like, they put it out on their media channels as well. If they raise a team, the amounts increase a lot. I do have my work cut out, to get people who've barely / never riddden a bike before up to a safe standard, but I get a free party out of it, so that's fine.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What is it with the word knobber on this forum? I've never seen it used anywhere else online, and have never heard a single person say it in the real world.
Local dialect. Nobber, farking, daffodil and so on. All phrases used to avoid getting edited by the mods. If you want to ask more, ask in https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/site-support.29/ rather than derailing this thread.

Top Bottom