Tour de Celeb: Louie’s cycling safety demo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
It was like watching 70s humour! Over camp and double entendres.

I may watch as I like cycling but find over camp act looking for cheap laughs tiresome.

It does seem that some gay guys think it's ok to flirt with straight men and make them feel uncomfortable, saying things many would find unacceptable if it was a guy to a woman. Not saying it's quite gone that far here, just a general obseveration

It was like watching 70s humour! Over camp and double entendres.

I may watch as I like cycling but find over camp act looking for cheap laughs tiresome.

It does seem that some gay guys think it's ok to flirt with straight men and make them feel uncomfortable, saying things many would find unacceptable if it was a guy to a woman. Not saying it's quite gone that far here, just a general obseveration

Fancy a ride?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm sure I saw that chap handing out the drinks on the Virgin Atlantic flight I took back from Lagos last week.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm just after watching this.
Ok it is focused on a sportive challenge, but why the need for that poor beginner woman to wear cleats at all costs? She is clearly more confident without them, as seen later.
Also, somebody needs to explain to the girl that got almost mowed down twice about road positioning, she is now convinced that cycling is a very dangerous activity.

gaz71

Über Member
I need to watch more TV as i havent heard of half of these "celebrities".

Just watched it too and it passed an enjoyable hour on the turbo. It`s very easy to be critical so I wont, we all had to start somewhere.

My observations are that Austin will be first in the etape, the posh bloke doesnt want to ride his bike but the other post bird that keeps head-butting vans and Louie Spence is funny as flip! Some people don`t like his overtly camp style but seeing some of the lycra he`s been wearing, you`ve gotta admire his spunk.....

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Don't remember the posh bloke?

Seemed to me that all the celebs were young(ish) and fit(ish) enough to rise to the challenge. Agree with @Sunny Portrush about Austin - why is he even on the show; he's hardly a novice.

I expected it to be awful but will continue watching, chiefly to see if the less confident celebs do have a breakthrough and start to enjoy it.

And Louie... yes he was unexpectedly amusing, but only until he started throwing his bike around. Seems like he needed an attitude adjustment.

BorderReiver

Veteran
With the almost pro levels of support they are getting (a support car on a 60 mile sportive?) it seems to me almost anybody could manage the Etap after 8 weeks. I'll keep watching but parts of it make me cringe- why let anybody ride 60 miles in trainers and spd pedals?

Top Bottom