Tour de France 2017 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
It's conjecture and hypothetical so your guess is as valid (or more accurately, invalid) as anyone elses.

:smile: Yeah, but I can listen to my own opinions all day. I'm after the opinions, valid or invalid, of others. How much difference would a team as good as Sky make to the fortunes of lesser riders than Froome?

Fight.The.Power

I wonder how bardet will react to what has happened. He got mullered yesterday and that will send him one of two ways.

What I know is he will never win a GT currently with his appalling TT ability.

I think he will win a GT in due course but unlikely to win TDF on current form as you say. Indeed next year he may skip the TDF just to get a GT under his belt. Preferring of course the one with the least TT km.

On top of that is the emergence of my personal favourite GC rider which is Tom Dumoulin. I think baring injury he will be 100% all out for the TDF next year and he certainly has the pedigree to put 30 seconds into Froome in a TT.

Edit: Also an interesting afterthought is Quintana. What a disastrous year ! No chance of racing the Giro and will also be 100% focused on the Tour. With Porte utterly pissed off at his misfortune this year it could set the stage for the best TDF ever ;)

Last edited:

Slaav

Veteran
:laugh:

Hmmm, Bardet winning a pan-flat sprinters' stage by over two minutes...

I'm trying to imagine exactly what it is that you've been smoking.

Err..... apologies as I meant that the Sky team could possibly win the GC with(e.g.) Landa, Kwiat, Richie P, Uran, Barnet etc. Not with me though unfortunately!!

And I was more thinking of Landa sneaking a podium or even 2nd rather than Bardet grabbing yellow :smile:

I clearly have been smoking cr4p gear

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Err..... apologies as I meant that the Sky team could possibly win the GC with(e.g.) Landa, Kwiat, Richie P, Uran, Barnet etc. Not with me though unfortunately!!

Don't get me wrong, I liked the SAW analogy - although I suspect in the late 80s, Kylie Minogue could have got to number one with a recording of her reading the telephone directory.

And I was more thinking of Landa sneaking a podium or even 2nd rather than Bardet grabbing yellow :smile:

No reason why they shouldn't go for it, except that it wouldn't make Team Sky any more popular with the French public.

I think they couldn't and I think no other rider would have got back on after that wheel change.

Top Bottom