Tour de France 2018 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slaav

Veteran
Why? Punch someone in some other sports it's a straight red. No excuses.

Err.... I am sorry to disagree with you but there are many instances where punching someone is justified. In elite sport where doing something completely dangerous or stupid could result in major consequences, in the 'heat of battle' I reckon that a playful slap can be justified....

And don't get me on to the occasion when I ran after someone playing rugby to slap them - he ran to the ref and hid behind the referee who calmed me down - the provocation completely justified the actions on my part I am afraid. (I obviously didn't actually manage to punch him and no doubt would have been punished for doing so but banned/thrown out? Not sure on that really...)

If someone has an incredibly low bar re temper and tolerance, then they can completely overreact but the provocation does play a part nevertheless.

In my view, Moscon got banned for a bit and that was probably the correct decision having seen it - whether the actual provocation warranted the punch and was understandable enough to make excuses for him - I have no idea.

Mike_P

Guru
Or maybe meant the gravitational pull of Sir Eric Pickles
image.jpg?a=191%3A100&q=0.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
For the benefit of you youngsters out there Pickles (dog)

Pickles
View attachment 433463
Species Dog
Breed Mixed Breed Collie
Sex Male
Died 1967
Known for finding the missing Jules Rimet Trophy
Owner David Corbett
Awards National Canine Defence League(silver medal)
Pickles (born 1962 or 1963; died 1967) was a black and white collie dog, known for his role in finding the stolen Jules Rimet Trophy in March 1966, four months before the 1966 FIFA World Cup was scheduled to kick off in England.
Later Life
Pickles starred with Eric Sykes and June Whitfield in the 1966 film The Spy with a Cold Nose. He also appeared on several television programmes, including Blue Peter and Magpie. He was also named "Dog of the Year", and awarded a year of free food by pet food manufacturer Spillers.[4]

Pickles died in 1967 when he was strangled by his choke chain lead that caught on a tree branch while he was chasing a cat near his new home in Surrey.[10][4] He was buried in his owner's back garden,[11] and his collar is on display in the National Football Museum in Manchester.

I wonder what a dog's got to do to win the Canine Defence League Gold medal?

Top Bottom