Tour de France 2018 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
If it's a straight fight for a wildcard place, Cofidis and Fortuneo must be twitchy. Wanty and Dirct Energie were more apparent.
Barguil irritates me.

Cofidis are somehow 2nd in the Europe Tour rankings - not that you'd know it from their showing at the Tour (though as noted a while ago, they left their two top UCI points scorers out of their Tour squad, for reasons best known to themselves).

Direct Energie are currently 4th and Fortuneo are way down in 16th - presumably the main reason they got selected is because they had last year's spotty jumper winner. And because they're French, of course. But Barguil currently sits down in 642nd place in the individual rankings, so unless he bucks his ideas up, maybe they'll be in danger of losing their wildcard next season.

Mind you, there probably aren't that many Europe Tour teams who actually want a wildcard place in a Grand Tour because it would be such a big drain on their resources, plus the fact that they don't have any riders who are experienced at that level and might struggle to get round the full three weeks with any riders left.

GuyBoden

Guru
I'm still missing Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen, apparently they're doing the TdF on NBC in the USA.

Good Lord man! I didnae actually watch it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bcpclx/the-one-show-30072018

1.06 to 8.50

I thank you...

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Cofidis are somehow 2nd in the Europe Tour rankings - not that you'd know it from their showing at the Tour (though as noted a while ago, they left their two top UCI points scorers out of their Tour squad, for reasons best known to themselves).
Their sprinter Christophe LaPorte had 4 top 5 finishes.

WGG are currently top of the Europe Tour team ranking and Andrea Pasqualon is top of the individual ranking, besides which they're a French outfit, so it's a pretty safe bet they'll get one of the wildcard slots next year. Having Guillaume Martin and Yoann Offredo on their books also helps - two very popular riders.

Err....WGG are Belge..and before anyone asks, no, it is not a region of France

Top Bottom