Tour de France 2018 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doesn't this mean there's a strong incentive for support riders to look after their GC positions in the stages leading up to this? If that means they're not so free to bury themselves for their leaders it should lead to more open and unpredictable racing on all the key stages.
No.

But it's probably what the really drunk people who came up with the idea thought might happen; that and unicorns...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Doesn't this mean there's a strong incentive for support riders to look after their GC positions in the stages leading up to this? If that means they're not so free to bury themselves for their leaders it should lead to more open and unpredictable racing on all the key stages.
Won't they just spend a lot of early time simply jostling for position, regrouping with team members while keeping an eye on breaks? Which might lead to lots of early crashes from different riders at different speeds, which is what I thought the départ fictif was meant to avoid.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'll settle for not being farking confusing. A standing start is still an actual thing in bike racing and it ain't what the Tour de France is apparently going to do.
what about standing astride the cross bar (or top tube for the hyper pedantic)? ;)

Adam4868

Guru
I probably think the same most years,but for sure this year it's going to be hard for the tour to top this year's Giro.Rewatching the giro this week it really was a fantastic race.Heres hoping...

Slaav

Veteran
I probably think the same most years,but for sure this year it's going to be hard for the tour to top this year's Giro.Rewatching the giro this week it really was a fantastic race.Heres hoping...

Does anybody know of a good (long enough) summary of the Giro from this year? A round up if you like? Thx

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Quickstep team looks an all rounder bunch. Stages for Gaviria, Terpstra, Alaphilippe; Jungels for a top ten GC.
Lampaerts for a long range attack?

The Mitchelton team announced the other day looked a bit lightweight in the mountains in support of Adam Yates. He'll have to fly solo a lot of the time I suspect. Nieve is his main wing man but he's approaching the twilight years.

Movistar have 3 leaders in Quintana, ValvPiti and Landa. Can't see that going tits up...

Adam4868

Guru
Quickstep team looks an all rounder bunch. Stages for Gaviria, Terpstra, Alaphilippe; Jungels for a top ten GC.
Lampaerts for a long range attack?

The Mitchelton team announced the other day looked a bit lightweight in the mountains in support of Adam Yates. He'll have to fly solo a lot of the time I suspect. Nieve is his main wing man but he's approaching the twilight years.

Movistar have 3 leaders in Quintana, ValvPiti and Landa. Can't see that going tits up...
Caleb Ewan wasn't too pleased at not being picked !

Top Bottom