Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
From cycling news
There will be no stage winner's time bonus for Bernal, but it seems the GC gaps will be tighter than the on-screen graphics atop the Iseran suggested. Eurosport's hypothesis is that Alaphilippe will be 25 seconds behind, with Thomas at 1:06. We still await official confirmation.

It appears that Bernal will not be awarded the stage victory, but he will, of course, have his time advantage from atop the Iseran applied to the overall standings.

That last question to Brailsford was probably the stupidest thing I've heard.

For those not watching ITV4 it was something like - how do you feel about a natural disaster helping you win the Tour?

what stupid fekin questions reporters ask, :wacko: that has to be up there for first prize

hoopdriver

Guru
what stupid fekin questions reporters ask, :wacko: that has to be up there for first prize
Indeed. I have been a journalist for many years and I really despair of the state of the profession these days. A truly moronic question. If I were his editor I would be raking him over the coals for embarrassing himself and the channel that way; instead he's probably being praised for is 'hard hitting' style. A disgrace.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
That last question to Brailsford was probably the stupidest thing I've heard.

For those not watching ITV4 it was something like - how do you feel about a natural disaster helping you win the Tour?
Even Brailsford was lost for words for a short while.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Even Brailsford was lost for words for a short while.
That makes it the best question ever.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Indeed. I have been a journalist for many years and I really despair of the state of the profession these days. A truly moronic question. If I were his editor I would be raking him over the coals for embarrassing himself and the channel that way; instead he's probably being praised for is 'hard hitting' style. A disgrace.

Who was it?

I've been watching today's stage on French tv, so unaware what ITV4 has been up to. And anyway, an almighty thunder clap has just detonated the tv signal here.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Who was it?

I've been watching today's stage on French tv, so unaware what ITV4 has been up to. And anyway, an almighty thunder clap has just detonated the tv signal here.
Don't know who it was. Daniel Freib had just asked Dave a couple of questions for ITV4 when someone else cut in with the question.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A great shame about Pinot.

As for shortening the stage due to the extreme weather - clearly the only thing that could be done. I reckon Bernal would have gained even more time so he lost out. I think Alaphilippe would have lost even more time so it probably helped him, although he obviously wasn't happy about it. Who knows what would have happened with Thomas on the last climb?

Tomorrow should be interesting! Let's hope that bad weather doesn't ruin the racing again - it has been a great TdF and it would be a pity for it just to fizzle out at the end.

iandg

Legendary Member
A great shame about Pinot.

As for shortening the stage due to the extreme weather - clearly the only thing that could be done. I reckon Bernal would have gained even more time so he lost out. I think Alaphilippe would have lost even more time so it probably helped him, although he obviously wasn't happy about it. Who knows what would have happened with Thomas on the last climb?

Tomorrow should be interesting! Let's hope that bad weather doesn't ruin the racing again - it has been a great TdF and it would be a pity for it just to fizzle out at the end.

The only decision that could have been made. Unfortunately we'll never know what would have happened. Yes, I agree Bernal would have gained more time but if JA had bridged back to GT/SK? A shorter climb and a flat finish. Thomas would also have been limited as to what he could do with Bernal up the road and Kruijswijk still in tow.

All adds to the excitement.

Top Bottom