Tour de France 2022 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
The thing that struck me,( who watched it all while drinking tea and noshing biscuits, lounging on the sofa,) was that WVA and a couple of other JVs occasionally, did 90% of the pulling while Ineos did a tiny bit and DSM and Movistar did 3 parts of fark all to save their GC riders chances.
Mas, Bardet and possibly Thomas and Yates owe Wout a pint of Guulden Draak!
Bettiol did his turn aswell 🙄

Chislenko

Veteran
Bettiol did his turn aswell 🙄

Yes that was strange with two up the road.

I owe Stuyven a beer, says Tadej Pogačar​

Yes, I think you flipping well do.
(Not sure the other GC guys will be so happy with him ... )

nickb

Guru
Mas, Bardet and possibly Thomas and Yates owe Wout a pint of Guulden Draak!
Geraint Thomas appears to have an excuse for not stepping-up. He said that his rear mech was buggered after he went down and he struggled to stay in his gears.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It was an electric stage and fab fun for armchair fans (and would have made a great one-dayer) but I'm not sure whether the risks to health, injury and carnage to the GC are suitable for the TdF.
I'm seriously uncertain having really enjoyed that madness!

A spring Classic only affects that day, but maybe a 3 week test of the best, which relies on such an element of luck, isn't appropriate for a stage race?
I'm not sure how many GC contenders are eliminated by today. Roglic? O'Connor? Froome? ) Just kidding @Adam4868 ^_^

View: https://twitter.com/INEOSGrenadiers/status/1544775798636396545?s=20&t=GOY_WnrgExjxxYwMRaEiWw

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Froome? ) Just kidding @Adam4868 ^_^
Thin ice there.....😡
It was an electric stage and fab fun for armchair fans (and would have made a great one-dayer) but I'm not sure whether the risks to health, injury and carnage to the GC are suitable for the TdF.
I'm seriously uncertain having really enjoyed that madness!
Take your point but I'm going to disagree....it's dangerous descending,it's dangerous in the wet,bike racing can be dangerous full stop.
The vast majority of riders handled today's stage well,I'm not sure the accidents that did happen weren't that different what could happen say in a bunch sprint ?
I'm for it staying 😁

Top Bottom