Tour de France 2022 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thin ice there.....😡

Take your point but I'm going to disagree....it's dangerous descending,it's dangerous in the wet,bike racing can be dangerous full stop.
The vast majority of riders handled today's stage well,I'm not sure the accidents that did happen weren't that different what could happen say in a bunch sprint ?
I'm for it staying 😁

I'm really not sure, but I take your point and you may be right!
It was fun but I'm not sure if it's too much down to luck and misfortune in a GT.
Better than Denmark though ^_^

It was an electric stage and fab fun for armchair fans (and would have made a great one-dayer) but I'm not sure whether the risks to health, injury and carnage to the GC are suitable for the TdF.
I'm seriously uncertain having really enjoyed that madness!

A spring Classic only affects that day, but maybe a 3 week test of the best, which relies on such an element of luck, isn't appropriate for a stage race?
I'm not sure how many GC contenders are eliminated by today. Roglic? O'Connor? Froome? ) Just kidding @Adam4868 ^_^

View: https://twitter.com/INEOSGrenadiers/status/1544775798636396545?s=20&t=GOY_WnrgExjxxYwMRaEiWw

Scary footage, thanks!

Interesting to note at least 2 crashes there on tarmac.

Adam4868

Guru
I'm really not sure, but I take your point and you may be right!
It was fun but I'm not sure if it's too much down to luck and misfortune in a GT.
Better than Denmark though ^_^
Man up will you.....I'd have the latest CGI special effects to bring wind and rain on demand !
I've been more twitchy watching Zakarin descending !

Adam4868

Guru
Can't pull too much lol....
Alberto Bettiol in @Gazzetta_it
"Tadej told me "Let's go, Alberto!". I told him I can't pull too much because I have two guys in the front, I just wanted to break the peloton."
Bettiol had a puncture otherwise he thinks he could have followed Stuyven and Pogacar.

Can't pull too much lol....
Alberto Bettiol in @Gazzetta_it
"Tadej told me "Let's go, Alberto!". I told him I can't pull too much because I have two guys in the front, I just wanted to break the peloton."
Bettiol had a puncture otherwise he thinks he could have followed Stuyven and Pogacar.

Pog doesn't need his team to be strong, when he gets so much help from other team's riders!

I have no idea why Stuyven did so much work for him; it was clear quite early on there was no chance of them catching the leaders and fighting for the stage win. In every similar situation ever seen ever ever ever, the GC guy - who needs time - would do most of the work, with the stage hunter sitting on.

Pog made the most of his opportunity - by riding hard to be near the front - but he owes a LOT to those two!

Adam4868

Guru
Pog doesn't need his team to be strong, when he gets so much help from other team's riders!
He has his own domestiques....me,myself and I.
I have no idea why Stuyven did so much work for him; it was clear quite early on there was no chance of them catching the leaders and fighting for the stage win. In every similar situation ever seen ever ever ever, the GC guy - who needs time - would do most of the work, with the stage hunter sitting on.
I'm not sure I see Stuyven the same way I do Bettiol.He had no Trek riders in the break and no GC riders to wait for....I guess you could pull him up for the final turn to the line,but that's about it.
Pog made the most of his opportunity - by riding hard to be near the front - but he owes a LOT to those two!
That's also what makes him such a classy rider,never really saw him panic.Totally in control of his own race on his own.
Oops nearly forgot and the legs to do it 😁

Adam4868

Guru
Longest stage of the tour today 220k yawn.....I'm off work ! The only question is can I stop myself snoozing before the last 10k.

Adam4868

Guru
Nothing wrong with an afternoon nap, Adam. I'm becoming an expert though I am still on my covid deathbed...^_^
How you feeling ? Hopefully just a mild dose....mention Chris in a negative way again and my sympathy might run short though 😁

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hey Wout! Rise and shine! Flat stage with uphill sprint finish today. Looks tailor made for you to show us what you've got.

WVA pulls sheets over his head and groans.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How you feeling ? Hopefully just a mild dose....mention Chris in a negative way again and my sympathy might run short though 😁

Not bad. Pottering round the garden and lying on the sofa mostly...

...which is pretty normal for me anyway:whistle:

There might be a collective desire for the break of nobodies to go clear today.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not bad. Pottering round the garden and lying on the sofa mostly...

...which is pretty normal for me anyway:whistle:

There might be a collective desire for the break of nobodies to go clear today.

The entire peloton: The break has got 12 minutes. Who can possibly lead us to chase them down?
Wout: (goes and hides)

Top Bottom