Tour de France 2022 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member

I'm super-annoyed.

Ridiculous decision too. They'll get more publicity out of Cav winning one stage than Jakobson winning the green jersey.

Adam4868

Guru
I'm super-annoyed.

Ridiculous decision too. They'll get more publicity out of Cav winning one stage than Jakobson winning the green jersey.
Jakobson won't win the green jersey.Im not sure how many sprint stages there are....4/5 ? But I'm guessing he thinks there's no room for two sprinters and Jakobson is the fastest.
Do I think Cav could win a stage....yea without doubt.But it's Lefverve,maybe he likes Merckx or owes him one 🙄

Adam4868

Guru
.but at 11/4, not worth much of a punt?!
Screenshot_20220627-201633.png

The early bird catches the worm 😁

Chislenko

Veteran
Or to put it another way......let's hope Pog and Rog have some bad days 😁

Adam, sorry to burden you with this question but you do seem the most knowledgeable / interested / well read on the subject but if a team gets relegated at the end of this year does the points thingy carry on the following years giving said teams a chance of getting promotion back to the top.

Secondly how would it work with the relegated teams amassing points as obviously "second division" teams are not invited to all races.

And thirdly what if a team who are not on the list (Caja Rural / Eolo Kometa / Uno X) amassed more points than those on the list, where do they stand?

You will notice I didn't use the team of a thousand sponsors as an example as I couldn't spell it 😟

Adam4868

Guru
Adam, sorry to burden you with this question but you do seem the most knowledgeable / interested / well read on the subject but if a team gets relegated at the end of this year does the points thingy carry on the following years giving said teams a chance of getting promotion back to the top.

Secondly how would it work with the relegated teams amassing points as obviously "second division" teams are not invited to all races.

And thirdly what if a team who are not on the list (Caja Rural / Eolo Kometa / Uno X) amassed more points than those on the list, where do they stand?

You will notice I didn't use the team of a thousand sponsors as an example as I couldn't spell it 😟
Im really not that knowledgeable! @rich p or @Shadow will more than likely know more than me.(wouldn't be hard)
But I think the points resets to zero every Jan....and every three years the points accumulated for the three seasons determine who will be in the world tour.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And of course, as @mjr says inrng does regular updates.

Trouble is, my eyes soon glaze over and I start to nod off reading on this object.

Adam4868

Guru
I think Vingegaard has as much of a chance ( if not more) than Rog.

Looking at it coldly it's hard to see past a 1,2,3 of Pog Rog and Vin...but many things can happen in a long GT.
I'm not going to bother with an each way bet so the bookies can sleep easy!
There's me thinking you would have had a little flutter on Mas....just for my amusement 😁

Top Bottom