Tour de France *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
tdf2014.jpg
:eek: :crazy:

Hont

Guru
Also mildly peeved that I didn't take Contador at 18/1 earlier in the year. Just how peeved will be revealed at the end of the race.

User269

I reckon this year we'll see Charly Gaul in the polka dot jersey, Djamolidin Abdoujaparov in green, and finally realising his huge potential, Alex Zulle in yellow for the last 2 weeks.

Which planet, if any, d'you suppose willl be broadcasting live TV coverage this year? I've certainly not been impressed with the output from Uranus recently.

robertob

Gonna go with Rui Costa. Have got him 80/1 each-way and think he's one who could ride a big tour. Improving all the time, still young, can climb, probably will have the support of the team as their leader, also able to look after himself if isolated. Obviously there is something different required to be consistent over 3 weeks, rather than one only on or another day to go all out for a stage win. But he clearly has the potential in my mind.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, after telling everyone willing to listen that I was definitively going to watch the Tour in Yorkshire, I have now made a U turn. I am not going, and will watch it on tv instead. Why the change of mind? a) I don't want to be ripped off by greedy Yorkshire people. b) I will be watching it "in situ" in France later on,including the last day in Paris, so that's good enough for me.

I've been, shall I, shan't I go and watch. Looking to go to the Langsett hub as it's got a stack of entertainment on, beer festival and a fair ground for the kids. Two nights camping are £100 including the music festival. It's right on the route. May take the bikes, but keeping them secure might be an issue.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/betancurs-extended-colombian-stay-puts-tour-de-france-debut-in-doubt

I certainly won't be cheering Betancur on in any more races - what a twunt.
Homesick Monty. Remember how you pined for fair Fareham when you were exiled in Hicksville, USA?:whistle:

montage

God Almighty
Is Adam Yates down to ride the tour?

It would make sense for Orica to hold him back from Grand Tours this year - he could well grab victory in the tour of Poland or similar, rather than be broken by the Sky train day in day out for three weeks.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is Adam Yates down to ride the tour?

It would make sense for Orica to hold him back from Grand Tours this year - he could well grab victory in the tour of Poland or similar, rather than be broken by the Sky train day in day out for three weeks.
Maybe his brother will be in it? It was 'only' a collarbone wasn't it?

Top Bottom