Tour de France *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclingfan

Have people seen and heard this? It's the official song of the Grand Depart.... pretty good.... we could do with a good tune for the weekend

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hilxQHMfJ-w

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Marmion, as an FdJ aficionado ( google it, mate :thumbsup:), do you think they'll take both Bouhanni and Demare? If so who will be top dog?
I hope they take Demare, I'm imagining they'll only take Bouhanni if he puts pen to paper beforehand otherwise they'll just be showcasing him for other teams and giving them any points he picks up.

I think Demare is a much more rounded rider than Bouhanni, capable of making it into a break as well as having a good finish in a sprint, which is more what is needed to get a decent standing in the Green Jersey competition than an all-out sprinter.

8/9 of the team announced today, and Demare gets the nod. No place for Bouhanni.

Ladagnous, Bonnet, Delage, Demare, Vichot, Pinot, Jeannesson, Roy - and either Pineau or Morey, with the decision coming after the French Championships (no pressure there then!)

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
8/9 of the team announced today, and Demare gets the nod. No place for Bouhanni.

Ladagnous, Bonnet, Delage, Demare, Vichot, Pinot, Jeannesson, Roy - and either Pineau or Morey, with the decision coming after the French Championships (no pressure there then!)

Bouhanni must have lost his marbles if he thinks Cofidis is a good move for him, so I'm imagining the "unnamed foreign team" is where he's off to:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-place-for-bouhanni-in-fdj-fr-tour-de-france-team

raindog

er.....
Well, he's got to go somewhere - two top sprinters in the same team is never going to work, and Madiot always preferred Démare. Remember when Bouhanni pipped Démare on the line to get the 2012 French championship? That wasn't supposed to happen, and apparently it caused ructions in the team.
According to l'Equipe "Cofidis, Cannondale, Omega Pharma-Quick Step et AG2R sont sur les rangs"

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Well, he's got to go somewhere...According to l'Equipe "Cofidis, Cannondale, Omega Pharma-Quick Step et AG2R sont sur les rangs"

Cofidis are crap, so we can cross them off the list I think. Unless he is mad. Which he may be.
Cannondale are maybe an option - although Sagan and Viviani might not think so.
I can't see any benefit to OPQS in signing him in terms of adding to their options.
AG2R could do with a decent sprinter, they have a couple of "ok" sprinters but I reckon Bouhanni would add something completely different to their team.

So it'll be Cofidis. :thumbsup:

Is Sagan about to move as well though? Think Mr Tinkoff would like his signature(at the right price obv)and I think Bertie is quite keen to have him on board.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Is Sagan about to move as well though? Think Mr Tinkoff would like his signature(at the right price obv)and I think Bertie is quite keen to have him on board.

I have lost tack of Sagan's moves and non-moves. And I have no idea if Viviani has any current plans to move, but if Bouhanni arrives I'd imagine he would move.

Top Bottom