tour de yorkshire (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Two GB riders well off the back of the peleton - Womens Stage 1 Jubliee Roundabout Harrogate (second time round)
TdY Womens 1 PP Rbt.jpg

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
good win for Zabel, I don't know how no-one else came down apart from one rider in that sprint

tom73

Guru
Great day of racing all round. shame about the weather this morning glad I turned out though to cheer on the women race.
Bagged a few bits for the pain cave. Will have another look round over the weekend. I know how to find the ones that normally get missed.

One thing I did spot seeing the bikes close up boy some teams have crap taste in bottle cagers;)

Attachments

• IMG_2959.JPG
    IMG_2959.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 24
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:
Look at this clip, & the crash at the 1.00 mark (just after they cross a Canal), as the riders are in Melton (between Brough & North Ferriby)
One rider catches a speed-bump & goes airborne, before crashing down HARD
I can't help but wonder, how much press (papers & TV) a f**tballist would get for falling over on wet grass, in comparison
(not that they'd get up)

View: https://www.facebook.com/LeTourYorkshire/videos/2414600351934233/

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:
Look at this clip, & the crash at the 1.00 mark (just after they cross a Canal), as the riders are in Melton (between Brough & North Ferriby)
One rider catches a speed-bump & goes airborne, before crashing down HARD
I can't help but wonder, how much press (papers & TV) a f**tballist would get for falling over on wet grass, in comparison
(not that they'd get up)

View: https://www.facebook.com/LeTourYorkshire/videos/2414600351934233/

I saw that live and, rewatching, I still can't see a speed bump.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Upon looking again now, it may be just one of the painted arrows, & a bad touch of wheels?
Still nasty though
Yes, it looks to have happened - and very suddenly when it did happen - well after the arrow anyway. To confuse myself even more, he doesn't look to have anyone directly in front of him and no one else seems to deviate until after the crash.

Mike_P

Guru
I noticed a pot hole just before Cote de Lindley - the tv pictures showed the breakaway riders passing it, and presumably the peletons were well informed as they seemingly successfully avoided it. As for speed humps they obviously coped okay with the annoying ones on the climb of Harlow Moor Road Harrogate, a continuation of the climb from Cornwall Road, on the UCI circuit, and those on Harrogate Road Ripon. The identification of the UCI circuit was a bit weird as Ned Boulting commented the guide book said they would be on it well before it was sign posted and indeed they were - ought to have been sign posted at Beckwithshaw as that is where they entered it, not after Jubliee Roundabout, hence why they descended the S bend Pot Bank twice before heading north off the UCI Circuit at Jubliee Roundabout.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
I saw that live and, rewatching, I still can't see a speed bump.
I friend of mine who lives in a village that this stage went through says that the speed bumps were removed prior to the event and that the road is closed again tomorrow to put them all back!
Part of my route to work was on yesterday's route and has been beautifully resurfaced in the last couple of weeks. I had been meaning to contact the council about the appalling state of the potholes for ages.

tom73

Guru
Boy it's brutal today no hiding from the wind and rain out on the tops.
Hope the oil on the road earlier was not as being reported possibly a deliberate act.

Julia9054

Guru
Boy it's brutal today no hiding from the wind and rain out on the tops.
Hope the oil on the road earlier was not as being reported possibly a deliberate act.
The sunshine looks lovely but I can see how much the trees are moving outside my window.
Going to cycle to Masham tomorrow to watch like I did last year. Last year involved a hunt around Masham to purchase emergency sun cream. Tomorrow, I suspect, will involve considerably more clothes!

Top Bottom