tour de yorkshire (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Annoyed the highlights didn't show Masham at all. Wore my " Where's Wally" stripey hat especially for the helicopter cameras :laugh:
A great ride out and a good day despite the perishing cold
Or Goose Eye!

(Even though I took the precaution of staying at home in the warm instead of riding over there... :whistle:)

Mike_P

Guru
The breakaway of Courteille, Lafay and Hivert on the unclassified Snowdon Bank between Blubberhouses and Otley Sunday May 5 2019
Tdy Breakaway 050519.jpg

Followed a while later by the Peleton
TdY Peleton 050519.jpg

and after an isolated Cavendish a further group of riders
TdY 4th group 050519.jpg

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:
Look at this clip, & the crash at the 1.00 mark (just after they cross a Canal), as the riders are in Melton (between Brough & North Ferriby)
One rider catches a speed-bump & goes airborne, before crashing down HARD
I can't help but wonder, how much press (papers & TV) a f**tballist would get for falling over on wet grass, in comparison
(not that they'd get up)

View: https://www.facebook.com/LeTourYorkshire/videos/2414600351934233/

Having watched in slo-mo, on the Tivo box, it appears that the following two riders (in black) seem to bunny-hop, as though they hit it

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Annoyed the highlights didn't show Masham at all. Wore my " Where's Wally" stripey hat especially for the helicopter cameras :laugh:
A great ride out and a good day despite the perishing cold

With the amount of adverts shown on ITV4 it's a wonder they showed any of the race at all, especially the early parts of the stages. I know its a commercial channel and the adverts are a necessary evil, but really...:rolleyes:

The breakaway of Courteille, Lafay and Hivert on the unclassified Snowdon Bank between Blubberhouses and Otley Sunday May 5 2019
View attachment 465401
Followed a while later by the Peleton
View attachment 465403
and after an isolated Cavendish a further group of riders
View attachment 465404

"the unclassified Snowdon Bank between Blubberhouses and Otley" made me smile - it's second gear up there in the car, which would have made it a Cat 2 climb under the original classification system.
Now it's just a bit of a hill...^_^

Mike_P

Guru
Masham got covered by the main program, still have it on the PVR, where were you standing?
Pateley Bridge got the raw deal given the efforts the town makes to deck the High Street as they came out of a commercial break to show the Peleton crossing the river bridge and the breakaway already heading up Greenhow Hill so completely missed the High Street

Top Bottom