Tour of Britain 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Just been watching Border TV and discovered to my surprise that the route for the ToB is to be announced at 8pm tonight!Didnt realise this,however it is posited-for all you Cumbrians and Borderers out there that we get 2 stages.One to include West Cumberland through to Dumfriesshire,and the other to begin in Northumberland,through the Eden Valley.to finish on Hartside.Certainly a reporter had been despatched up to the cafe-so it must be true.Now,we shall see of course,but for all the rest of you-eyes and ears all out,lets see what we think of the route:okay:.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
It was rumoured in February that the first stage would be on Anglesey. *shrugs*

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
So here it is... http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/20150317-road-2015-Tour-of-Britain-route-revealed-0

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 20.03.08.png

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Jeez, I was looking at the map on the TOB website waiting for the second half of it to load- there's no chance of the north of Britain complaining about being left out!

MikeW-71

Veteran
Stage 5, they go through Brampton, loop into the lakes and return to finish up Hartside. I can ride to Brampton to see them there, then cut straight down to Hartside to see them up the climb :biggrin:

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Stage 5, they go through Brampton, loop into the lakes and return to finish up Hartside. I can ride to Brampton to see them there, then cut straight down to Hartside to see them up the climb :biggrin:
Me too,in fact,given the options available this time around,and with local knowledge,the problem may well be choosing where to go! Hartside is so accessible for so many people,by road anyway!Havnt really digested it all just yet,however I must say I sympathise with those in the Southwest,it must be difficult not to feel left out.Cumbrians should know that feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Sorry,cocked it all up again-the comments attached above are mine,not MikeW-71-sorry Mike.

[edited it for you - Mods]

Last edited by a moderator:

uclown2002

Guru
You can go back and edit the comments.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Passing by my door in Ashington it looks like. And I worked out that Wed 9th September is my day off too so even better. :hyper:
Is there a 'close up' route anywhere yet? I can only see a general overview type map. I'm in Morpeth, so can ride out to wherever I fancy, i guess, within reason :smile:

Top Bottom