Tour of Britain 2017 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Unusual for it not to be in the Midlands / North West at all.

We've had a good run

It is a bit of a dull route tbh. I can't see most of the stages being anything other than bunch sprints. That's exciting if you're spectating in the last few hundred metres but boring for the rest of it

If it was me I'd give them the Fred Whitton route for one day and tell them to get on with it

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I could theoretically cycle to watch Stage 7 in Thame.

It is a bit of a dull route tbh. I can't see most of the stages being anything other than bunch sprints. That's exciting if you're spectating in the last few hundred metres but boring for the rest of it

Some decent climbs here in the Cotswolds - it's going up Cleeve Hill and Bourton-on-the-Hill among others, and this is on the penultimate day so I'd expect some good racing.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The nearest stage to me is Clacton, home of UKIP central.
The chances of me going to Clacton on a Thursday for the time trial is zero.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
You'll be missing out. Last year we saw the finish of stage 1 in Castle Douglas and it was a great atmosphere, the whole town en fete, several thousand spectators, lots of street stalls selling foodie food and drink, the brewery bar doing a roaring trade serving in plastic glasses to take away, shops showing the live coverage on tv's, the big screen at the finish line and the live commentary over the PA, the fun of working out from the footage of which road they were on and which house they would past next. And after the race finish the choice of staying to watch the interviews and presentations or to explore the side streets where all the team buses were parked. Greipel very pleasant, Cav very grumpy.
I've looking at the map out of Edinburgh and I can't really work out what climb they are using, is it the same as last time? is it the Redstone rigg?

I've looking at the map out of Edinburgh and I can't really work out what climb they are using, is it the same as last time? is it the Redstone rigg?
They are going over Redstone Rigg

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
They are going over Redstone Rigg
Watched it on the Redstone Rigg the last time it went over it, I had planned on cycling with a few guys out from Alloa to the Redstone Rigg then back home after the race had passed by but the day before it I was out and about climbing up Sheriffmuir and I snapped a spoke on my rear wheel on one of my bikes and I couldn't get it fixed on time, so I ended up driving over to Haddington and meeting the guys I was meant to be cycling with on the climb, I used a winter bike to get me to the RIgg ashamed to say I couldn't climb the Rigg on my winter bike even when I had a triple front ring on it, I had top get off and push infront of everyone

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Have just booked 3 nights in Clacton for the 7th September ITT stage. Is any one else attending this stage? I've looked at the route map and am thinking of watching from the comforts of the 'Roaring Donkey' which is on the route at Holland-on-Sea (B1032). Be great to meet up with fellow Cyclechatters. :cheers:

Top Bottom