Tour of California *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C'mon Bobridge, dig in!!

When I saw Wiggo grimacing I thought he might just fade but that was gritty clever riding. Yates and Dombrowski rode well, poor old Bobridge, poisitively cruel watching him trying to get back but Chavez looked classy. Nice ride from Fanny Craddock too to get up to 3rd.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Great ride from the little Colombian. Must have been a hard one for danielsen at the bottom of the hill he nearly blew everyone away, he seemed stuck between his job riding for Dennis and riding for the stage. He clearly did too much work and left chaves to ride smart.

thom

____
Garmin the clear aggressors but Rohan Denis ultimately suffering more than Wiggo in the last kms. BMC assisting on the final climb, effectively helping SKY out. Did they feel it necessary to show themselves for something given Garmin's presence in this US race ? SKY being canny - marshalling their resources well, getting a couple of fantastic supporting rides from the team, in particular Dombrowski. Wiggins also claimed he faked tiredness at one point, which drew out an attack from Stetina and brought Rohan Denis out of his wheel.

Yates is something else though - how often will he have ridden at such altitude and heat ?

jifdave

Wiggins also claimed he faked tiredness at one point, which drew out an attack from Stetina and brought Rohan Denis out of his wheel.

I did notice when stetina went wiggo didn't respond an the commentators said something about him struggling wiggo dropped in behind Dennis and soon as Dennis upped his rate and got 2-3m wiggo instantly accelerated onto his wheel.

The scary thing with Yates, isn't his brother supposed to be better?

jifdave

oh how embarrassing a rider just celebrated over the line with a lap to go..... oopsy

Top Bottom