Tour of Hampshire CC Ride - 4th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm alive!!!! (Just)

Thank you all for a marvelous ride, great weather, great company, great scenery made for a ...well....great day :biggrin:

I'm still aching this morning, but looking forward to tomorrow when I can take on my commute with my new hill climbing legs.

I finished my virgin ton while dodging potholes and youfs in Hounslow, not the most glamourous of places, but I was just happy to have finished it, and I know I would not have done it, if it wasn't for the support of fellow CCers.

And thanks to Peter for organising a lovely route.

Looking forward to the next one (I'm not really but I should be in a few days :biggrin: )

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Misleading hand-signals aside, it was a cracker of a day. Even the horses deified bonj's assertion that they are tw@ts.

If anyone fancies a repeat, either towards Autumn or same time next year, I'm happy to 'do a Peter' around my manor and organise a route. I can promise more hills and even quieter roads.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Euw arr, euw arr, me lovely combined harvester! euw arr!

I think am getting tooo much country side in me, fresh air, manure, no traffic lights, no road rage, I think I need to do a few laps around the South Circular to bring me back up to speed! hehehe!

Very good day with great company finished with a nice beer, or two, cant ask for more!

Thanks Peter for the ride of fleet'ing wheels, most enjoyable! And the pub, great place, especially when the sun was shining, alas, bit toooo far to cycle back from for a beer session... Just about managed it back from Staines to Home without nipping to the bushes!

Well impress with CoG riding a fixie all the way, and my apologies again for leaving you at the bottom of Egham Hill, I did wait, what seem like an eternity ( 10 secs at least ) after tdr1nka had passed to check if there was anyone else, but my mistake! Sorry!

I finallaly finish at just under 92 miles, so very close to my second ton, but I think without having a Kebab ( i know, shock horror) after leaving the pub, I ran out of energy, not even the call of my Staines tarts got me out.. But well done again to the ton'ners!

I did manage to thrash my top speed at just under 46mph and could have gone a bit faster, but with a corner approaching, I didnt quite fancy taking Aperitif out for a bit of self-glory!

My only complaint was being told at one down hill section that it was down hill all the way and I could let rip, or was that tdr1nka, hmm, anyhow, getting up to speed, I did not appreciate the 90 degree right hander whilst approaching 35mph... Scary stuff breaking, turning and drifting accross gravel! But it makes you feel alive, fun! hahaha!

Thanks again one and all for a great day and pleasure to meet the ones I hadnt!

Am off to make some cider, euw ah!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Davywalnuts said:
I did manage to thrash my top speed at just under 46mph and could have gone a bit faster, but with a corner approaching, I didnt quite fancy taking Aperitif out for a bit of self-glory!

I couldn't believe how fast you all went downhill and that wasn't just the bikes. Mine wanted to go faster but my 'death grip' on the brakes wasn't going to let it. Plus I knew some of them and you lot didn't........nutters!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MacBludgeon said:
I couldn't believe how fast you all went downhill and that wasn't just the bikes. Mine wanted to go faster but my 'death grip' on the brakes wasn't going to let it. Plus I knew some of them and you lot didn't........nutters!

I would have thought with butterfly bars you would have flown down the hills :sad:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MacBludgeon said:
aarrgghhh, down in flames, that one hurt, medic!!! do you have no mercy?

LOL to good an opportunity to miss. I believe that is now 40 all :sad:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
LOL to good an opportunity to miss. I believe that is now 40 all :sad:

If I wasn't waiting for a new 'little black book' you'd be in there right now!!!

It did make me laugh out loud....I got a few polite comments re the bars on Saturday, along the lines of 'those look comfy'. If I'm honest I didn't detect any jealousy though:biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
My recommendation is that those of you (whether sporting butterfly bars or not) coming from outside Essex do a nice cycle ride to Ingatestone, then hop on a train to Manningtree. The nice 45 minute train journey will give you time to refresh, regroup and trade insults before the ride proper starts. At which point you'll all be polite and gentlemanly and not too tired out.

I expect lots of posing for my Dishy CCers Calendar 2010.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Bollo said:
Misleading hand-signals aside, it was a cracker of a day. Even the horses deified bonj's assertion that they are tw@ts.

If anyone fancies a repeat, either towards Autumn or same time next year, I'm happy to 'do a Peter' around my manor and organise a route. I can promise more hills and even quieter roads.

Yes I do.;)

I am sure after this report the London lot will be flocking like sheep to once again partake in the rural idle!

It's been great actualy, I have often wondered what was on either side of the M3, as I speed along on the way to the west country! Now I know.:biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Auntie Helen said:
My recommendation is that those of you (whether sporting butterfly bars or not) coming from outside Essex do a nice cycle ride to Ingatestone, then hop on a train to Manningtree. The nice 45 minute train journey will give you time to refresh, regroup and trade insults before the ride proper starts. At which point you'll all be polite and gentlemanly and not too tired out.

I expect lots of posing for my Dishy CCers Calendar 2010.

That would be a nice 130miler/208km instead, I think thats acheivable! But train?? as in British Rail... forgeign entity to me! ;)

Am on a diet too now, no more kebabs for me this month, so am up for some posing? Buff, Shoes, Helmet and thats it yeh? hehehe!

Top Bottom