Touring...or 'bikepacking'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It’s booked, we had to way earlier last year to ensure a cabin, whether or not we actually do it is now down to vaccine and how the dreaded B word pans out , travel insurance is going to play a big part too. We do have a couple of UK based fall back plans. But it’s France we really love cycling in, planning a route home on a day by day basis using old Michelin maps .

Lovely.

But sad to have so many uncertainties.. Some built in.

Others very much less so... :sad:

Yes I booked my passage for October in early March.

I remember my son coming into the room while I was hovering over the 'pay and book ticket' button.

I was saying 'Shall I? Shan't I? ' to myself..

And he said - "Go on mum - just do it"

So I did:rolleyes:

I might add, he had absolutely no idea what I was dithering over - but it's nice to have unconditionally encouraging people like that around isn't it??

Michelin paper maps are great, for planni g, and navigating..

Until it rains..

Oooh intrigue..

I'm desperate to join now.

Just to find out what the deal is ^_^
Can't say.
Would be against the rules on here.
But nothing interesting.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
That is the greatest thing about a bicycle. Whilst new tech certainly makes things easier you can actually tour on anything. From old shoppers to the four grand carbon thingy.
No absolutely not true . You MUST have a Dawes Galaxy to cycle tour . Everyone knows that. :laugh:

Lovely.

But sad to have so many uncertainties.. Some built in.

Others very much less so... :sad:

Yes I booked my passage for October in early March.

I remember my son coming into the room while I was hovering over the 'pay and book ticket' button.

I was saying 'Shall I? Shan't I? ' to myself..

And he said - "Go on mum - just do it"

So I did:rolleyes:

I might add, he had absolutely no idea what I was dithering over - but it's nice to have unconditionally encouraging people like that around isn't it??

Michelin paper maps are great, for planni g, and navigating..

Until it rains..

View attachment 567861
[/QUOTE
I need sheet 573 😉

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
[/QUOTE
I need sheet 573 😉

Sorry @FaustoCoppi

i have it - but unwilling to relinquish - i'm not done with that part of the world just yet - not by a long shot ...

Top Bottom