Touring Pedals and Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I use the 324s on all my bikes. Including my carbon road bike. I also wear mtb shoes. We have a lot of deep gravel tracks in Denmark and I prefer to use the flats when I ride them.

minininjarob

52A58CDA-7BD3-4A00-BAB4-FFC45758A9B4.jpeg

As far as shoes go I’ve just bought some Giro Rumble shoes. A friend has some at work and they don’t look too “cycling” as he wears them round the office but they arent too MTB chunky either. Seem to have a decent grip on them too.

Please post pic of your looking good touring.

Or you eating your touring cake with a small fork.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
With the m324s I find if the pedal is the wrong way up, I take my foot off, turn the pedals one rev, and the pedal is then right way up.
Half a rev, Shirley? :whistle:

I have Shimano PD-A520 pedals on my singlespeed bike. They are also a single-sided (mountain bike) SPD type. Once my feet are clipped in the pedals they feel slightly more comfortable than on normal SPD pedals because the contact area with the sole of the shoe is greater. I find them a bit of a pain though because of the frequent need to do that pedal-flipping-over action. I have got quite good at it but I reckon that my foot will slip off eventually when I am trying to make a fast getaway from traffic lights at rush hour, or some equally dodgy scenario.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
I had single sided SPD and also found it was less than easy to quickly get the correct side to clip in. I use SPD all the time.

Top Bottom