Town car for Mrs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
What happened to the Dacia?

Also, previously you mentioned Vauxhall might not be around in 3 years. Is there a crisis going on with that company?

I am kind of on the lookout for a small or medium car too hence the interest in this thread.

Ah and another thing, do these Uber-small engine cars really get good gas mileage or does the economy drop when attempting to keep up with traffic?

Lovely Wife's up! which is a 1L three pot does around 55mpg on long M'way runs whilst keeping pace with most other traffic.

mustang1

Guru
I had a toy one of them as a kid - red with a white roof, so full on 70s classy, and I've fancied one ever since.

Vauxhall has been bought by Peugeot.
Who knows what their plans for them are, but lots of dealers are on notice, apparently.

Wow I totally missed that news! Thanks for info.

Mrs M

Guru
545B86EB-CA3B-44AF-BE3E-78124F6AE31F.jpeg
There's only one actual Town Car and this one's about 5k, but parking a boat like this could be a bugger of job at Tescos...

View attachment 424019

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Linco...ash=item1ee7691311:g:OkMAAOSwSI5bZkWH&vxp=mtr

Totally daft post, but that's where my mind jumped when I read the OP title. That and my kid is wishing for something like this for her first car.
Here I am (what a grumpy face) :ohmy: (aged 20 in 1986)
With the lovely white Lincoln Continental, love the big old American cars

MarkF

Guru
Well after all day at Stone acre we test drove various eco cars. Mrs not happy with anything. Then we tried a Fiat 500 S and she loved it. Even I loved it. Such a cool little car. It’s like a go kart on roundabouts.
We had to go over budget by £1500 but it’s worth it to be happy. We have to take it back in for them to valet it, which is annoying as we wanted to just leave it there instead of going back and fourth with our busy weeks. When it’s back I’ll pop on a coat of polish and wax my self.
It’s true you don’t need a Ferrari to impress a women or man you just need a Fiat 500.

Happy days!
Colour?

D

Deleted member 1258

1.4 with 84 bhp

strange! seems a bit low powered for the engine size. I've found them on Honest John, its strange that they make a 1.4 with less BHP than some of the 1.0's.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/seat/ibiza-iv-2008/data/

What is it?

Ideal town car...……:angel:

Shorter, & narrower, than a proper Range Rover (ie; the 1970 -1995 model)
Excellet forward visibility, & equally good rearward, if the canvas is rolled up
Low geared, basically leave it in 3rd, once moving
Immense load-space for shopping...…. including that new 3-piece suite, that you couldn't miss
If on the original engine, no 'audio device' required, there's a V8 soundtrack:wub::wub: (not that you'd hear the radio)
No worries about 'kerbing' a wheel (on 9.00 x 16)
Taxis, & 'white vans', fear to tangle with one
Rare too; less than 2,700 made

View attachment 423964

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8msab1IKC8s

No power steering, but it is quite low geared (can be added)
Coil-spring conversions have been done (straight rail chassis, so fairly easy) using 110, or Range Rover axles - also gaining disc-brakes
Diesel conversions are also popular, as 8 - 12MPG worries some people (25 gallon tank, or may 30)

^_^^_^

Oh, its the new McLaren Senna.. £750k give or take

VW Up, Skoda Citigo and Seat Mii are all identical bar the branding and are ace little cars. You can get a nearly new Up comfortably within the budget, so knock off the VW premium and the Seat and Skoda should be a bit less, or even more car for the money.

Our local car club have a VW Ups as the smallest option so I drive them quite a bit. Nicely behaved, nippy, easy to park. Plenty of luggage space with the rear seats down but not much with them up. If I were going for a city car for one person, this (and the other brand clones) would be on my shortlist.

MarkF

Guru
Our local car club have a VW Ups as the smallest option so I drive them quite a bit. Nicely behaved, nippy, easy to park. Plenty of luggage space with the rear seats down but not much with them up. If I were going for a city car for one person, this (and the other brand clones) would be on my shortlist.

But like the Seat variant that my mother had for a week or so, it has zero fun or personality compared to the Fiat 500. Inside it is a predictably drab & dark plastic affair whereas the Fiat is anything but, despite having similar harsh, cheap plastic too.

Top Bottom