Town car for Mrs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I often see cars being mot'd that have done only a few hundred miles since the last test, I know where you are coming from but saving money does not seem to rank highly with some people.
Yep friend of mines wife has a 58 plate Beetle Cabrio, only done 8K, looks like it's going to have to have new tyres, not because they've worn but because the sidewalls are cracking

MarkF

Guru
Is it,?what's the biggest MOT failure of MX5's? Front outrigger rust, cill's rust, rear wheel arches rust, yes they are great car's but they have huge rust issues

No they don't have HUGE rust issues. I know all about MX5's, if you want HUGE rust issues look at VAG cars from a similar age.^_^ Nobody bangs on about Audi A4's and Golfs falling apart after 12 years.

D

Deleted member 26715

No they don't have HUGE rust issues. I know all about MX5's, if you want HUGE rust issues look at VAG cars from a similar age.^_^ Nobody bangs on about Audi A4's and Golfs falling apart after 12 years.
That's a totally different story & yes you are correct 2002-2006 all German cars not just VAG have rust issues, but just because they do doesn't mean to say MX5's don't.

This should do it....out soon!
senna-2018-sp-3400_1.jpg

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Well after all day at Stone acre we test drove various eco cars. Mrs not happy with anything. Then we tried a Fiat 500 S and she loved it. Even I loved it. Such a cool little car. It’s like a go kart on roundabouts.
We had to go over budget by £1500 but it’s worth it to be happy. We have to take it back in for them to valet it, which is annoying as we wanted to just leave it there instead of going back and fourth with our busy weeks. When it’s back I’ll pop on a coat of polish and wax my self.
It’s true you don’t need a Ferrari to impress a women or man you just need a Fiat 500.

Happy days!

This should do it....out soon!
What is it?

Ideal town car...……:angel:

Shorter, & narrower, than a proper Range Rover (ie; the 1970 -1995 model)
Excellet forward visibility, & equally good rearward, if the canvas is rolled up
Low geared, basically leave it in 3rd, once moving
Immense load-space for shopping...…. including that new 3-piece suite, that you couldn't miss
If on the original engine, no 'audio device' required, there's a V8 soundtrack:wub::wub: (not that you'd hear the radio)
No worries about 'kerbing' a wheel (on 9.00 x 16)
Taxis, & 'white vans', fear to tangle with one
Rare too; less than 2,700 made

KWU 519N. 2.JPG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8msab1IKC8s

No power steering, but it is quite low geared (can be added)
Coil-spring conversions have been done (straight rail chassis, so fairly easy) using 110, or Range Rover axles - also gaining disc-brakes
Diesel conversions are also popular, as 8 - 12MPG worries some people (25 gallon tank, or may 30)

^_^^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
But a Sup
Well after all day at Stone acre we test drove various eco cars. Mrs not happy with anything. Then we tried a Fiat 500 S and she loved it. Even I loved it. Such a cool little car. It’s like a go kart on roundabouts.
We had to go over budget by £1500 but it’s worth it to be happy. We have to take it back in for them to valet it, which is annoying as we wanted to just leave it there instead of going back and fourth with our busy weeks. When it’s back I’ll pop on a coat of polish and wax my self.
It’s true you don’t need a Ferrari to impress a women or man you just need a Fiat 500.

Happy days![QUOTE

Buy a paint sealant like Supaguard off of EBay and use that, then you can was over. Do not expect much from the valet, as I think they pay about £11 per car.

Drago

Legendary Member
That's a totally different story & yes you are correct 2002-2006 all German cars not just VAG have rust issues, but just because they do doesn't mean to say MX5's don't.

VAG, the most hilariously named company in history, were the UK importer from the mid 70s. They were owned by Lohnro, and were wound up in 1992 when they failed to renew their contract with the manufacturer. You cannot, and never could, buy a VAG car because VAG never made a single one.

D

Deleted member 26715

VAG, the most hilariously named company in history, were the UK importer from the mid 70s. They were owned by Lohnro, and were wound up in 1992 when they failed to renew their contract with the manufacturer. You cannot, and never could, buy a VAG car because VAG never made a single one.
As well you know we are referring to the Volkswagon Audi Group, please don't become a pedant like others on the group

Drago

Legendary Member
Volkswagen Audi Group are, or rather were, VAG, The UK importer.

The manufacturer are Volkswagen Group, or Volkswagen AG (The German equivalent of Ltd).

Not being a pedant, being somewhat light hearted with it else I wouldn't have liked your post in the first place.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
DE30800E-F55E-4DD2-937E-37EE1ED428FA.jpeg

That looks like an off road dogging meet.
What is it?

Ideal town car...……:angel:

Shorter, & narrower, than a proper Range Rover (ie; the 1970 -1995 model)
Excellet forward visibility, & equally good rearward, if the canvas is rolled up
Low geared, basically leave it in 3rd, once moving
Immense load-space for shopping...…. including that new 3-piece suite, that you couldn't miss
If on the original engine, no 'audio device' required, there's a V8 soundtrack:wub::wub: (not that you'd hear the radio)
No worries about 'kerbing' a wheel (on 9.00 x 16)
Taxis, & 'white vans', fear to tangle with one
Rare too; less than 2,700 made

View attachment 423964

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8msab1IKC8s

No power steering, but it is quite low geared (can be added)
Coil-spring conversions have been done (straight rail chassis, so fairly easy) using 110, or Range Rover axles - also gaining disc-brakes
Diesel conversions are also popular, as 8 - 12MPG worries some people (25 gallon tank, or may 30)

^_^^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Neighbour's A4 51 plate is a rust bucket, my Nissan of similar age isn't (still looks new).

Yaris is all I would say - we had ours 17 years before we sold it, and it's still on the road locally now at 19 years old (only saw it last week). The red paint has started to fade/lacquer come off now on the roof.

Top Bottom