Town car for Mrs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Citroen C1 are nice wee cars.
Sister is on her 3rd, runaround for school run and her work, etc.
Saw a 67 plate with 100 miles on clock, for £4490. :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

Just a thought, how long do you expect to keep this £4K car? What do you expect the residual value to be when you sell it, where I'm going along with insurance & running costs, is Uber/Taxi/Private Hire an alternative? My aged father has a £7K that has done 3K miles in just over 2 years, it does not any economic sense for him to have it, apart form the convenience he would be far better off using Uber/Taxi/Private Hire

D

Deleted member 1258

My mother has had umpteen Suzuki's over the past 25 years not one has had any sort of repair or suffered a failure of any kind, they are simple cars, my youngest inherited her 2007 Swift and that's a good sized runabout IMO, one that doesn't bounce around over small road imperfections like the MIL's tiny Hyundai.

However the Suzuki's came and went every 2 or 3 years, she wasn't attached to them, just A to B transportation. For her 78th I bought her a Fiat 500, looked into them carefully and bought the 1.2, she fell in love with it and is always showing it off, they are wonderful things and such fun to drive and just be in. After a minor shunt she had a small Seat something, same as the VW Up, and promptly refused to get in it as it was so drab in comparison. I wouldn't have any other small car, I'd have a different colour though.:okay:

About 2 years ago I paid less than £5k for it, it was 2014, 1 owner with 20k miles and FSH, it's still like new.

Same as this..

View attachment 423892

I've got a Suzuki Swift, a white one, I've had it about 18 months now and I've been impressed with it so far, they're a lovely runabout.

Edit, found the picture

20170118_Suzuki.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got a Suzuki Swift, a white one, I've had it about 18 months now and I've been impressed with it so far, they're a lovely runabout.

Edit, found the picture

View attachment 423912
Mrs SJ has the Liana. Not suitable for the OP's needs as it is a larger car, but I'm quite impressed with Suzukis. They seem well built and do very well in reliability surveys.

D

Deleted member 1258

Swift's are ok if there are no passengers in the back otherwise the ride quality for those poprnfolk is pretty bad.
Source: test drove while I was sitting in the back.

I've never sat in the back, I'm always driving, but I've had no complaints yet.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I bought my wife a new Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge, it is a few years old now (62 reg) and has done 72,000 miles. It has been excellent, no trouble whatsoever, we would definitely get another one.
Long gone are the days of Fiat unreliability.

Cavalol

Guru
Lifetime/100,000 mile warranty if you get it serviced at Vauxhall, although whether Vaxhall will be around in 3 years time is open to question.

I hope so, I've owned Vauxhalls since I can remember and never had a major problem with them. Also, most importantly, I'd like to see the Astra do well for the British jobs, especially locally.

D

Deleted member 26715

Load of rubbish. All rust issues are known and easily solved, we've had 3, and for £'s per smiles, nothing else comes close.
Is it,?what's the biggest MOT failure of MX5's? Front outrigger rust, cill's rust, rear wheel arches rust, yes they are great car's but they have huge rust issues

screenman

Legendary Member
Just a thought, how long do you expect to keep this £4K car? What do you expect the residual value to be when you sell it, where I'm going along with insurance & running costs, is Uber/Taxi/Private Hire an alternative? My aged father has a £7K that has done 3K miles in just over 2 years, it does not any economic sense for him to have it, apart form the convenience he would be far better off using Uber/Taxi/Private Hire

I often see cars being mot'd that have done only a few hundred miles since the last test, I know where you are coming from but saving money does not seem to rank highly with some people.

Top Bottom