Traffic Droid will be on a new channel 4 program

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
It was a joke again sorry, I don't agree with Droids actions in that video, I thought the ruler bit gave it away.

gw1

I've tried to be patient with you and tried to be polite...despite others telling me I am wasting my time.

Please...prove them wrong here.

If you are indeed as rounded as you say and do believe in the point that conflict should not exist...as by the way, do I...then research why it is that conflict does occur. you will find surprising and though t provoking issues. Some of which are physical, however more of which related to attitudes.

Attitudes between all road users need to adjust, and are adjusting every day...this adjustment takes time and will cause frustration.

Incidentally, Your comment on understanding the highway code is so packed with Irony that it would make my fingers bleed just to try and reply. My advice...practice what you preach and actually read the Highway code, see what it says about cycle lanes and their use, read REAL riders input on that issue and the issue of the safest ways to use and not use them ...and then draw a conclusion...in your rounded way.

You are starting to look very much like a troll, I hope that I am wrong.
I've tried to be patient with you and tried to be polite...despite others telling me I am wasting my time.

Please...prove them wrong here.

If you are indeed as rounded as you say and do believe in the point that conflict should not exist...as by the way, do I...then research why it is that conflict does occur. you will find surprising and thought provoking issues. Some of which are physical, more of which relate to attitudes.

Attitudes between all road users need to adjust, and are adjusting every day...this adjustment takes time and will cause frustration.

Incidentally, Your comment on understanding the highway code is so packed with Irony that it would make my fingers bleed just to try and reply. My advice...practice what you preach and actually read the Highway code, see what it says about cycle lanes and their use, read REAL riders input on that issue and the issue of the safest ways to use and not use them ...and then draw a conclusion...in your rounded way.

You are starting to look very much like a troll, I hope that I am wrong.
Thank you JJ for your reply
i have read some of the beginners guide and found it informative. I would like to see cycling brought back to schools syllabuses to educate kids in the safe use of cycles and the common use of the highway code, so we are all singing off the same hymn sheet so to speak, something that i hope you would agree with. You are 100% right that attitudes between all road users need to adjust(please note i did not use the term cyclists and motorists here)
You state that My understanding of the highway code is so packed with irony that it would make your fingers bleed just to try and reply. i find it strange that you feel this way as the word irony in the dictionary implies, sarcasm causticity and cynicism I have not meant to hit a raw nerve with you but obviously i have.
Going back to the beginning of your post whereby you suggest I prove them wrong. I think I have. my original post was about some guy that calls himself "traffic droid " and how he has portrade the urban cyclist on TV as being aggressive. My point as a motorist and road user was to see what the cyclists view was of this man and not the views and personal opinions of me. I hope my point has now been put over and tolerant people on the forum can see where i have come from so to speak….. lets us shake hands and lighten up let us all get on with life and have a joke with one another it will make life so much easier……. (jj get rid of the picture on your posts …not the image of an understanding cyclist…….laugh jj it helps and i hope your fingers get better soon i am not the troll you think)

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I really do hope they show Traffic Droids vid, the one where he get's out his ruler and measures the distance between him and the car. The comedy value would be gold.
There is quite a recent vid of him and his ruler sat in the traffic next to a black cab and his metre stick goes through the open cab window and ends up on the drivers lap.
The cabbie found it quite amusing.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Thank you JJ for your reply
i have read some of the beginners guide and found it informative. I would like to see cycling brought back to schools syllabuses to educate kids in the safe use of cycles and the common use of the highway code, so we are all singing off the same hymn sheet so to speak, something that i hope you would agree with. You are 100% right that attitudes between all road users need to adjust(please note i did not use the term cyclists and motorists here)
You state that My understanding of the highway code is so packed with irony that it would make your fingers bleed just to try and reply. i find it strange that you feel this way as the word irony in the dictionary implies, sarcasm causticity and cynicism I have not meant to hit a raw nerve with you but obviously i have.
Going back to the beginning of your post whereby you suggest I prove them wrong. I think I have. my original post was about some guy that calls himself "traffic droid " and how he has portrade the urban cyclist on TV as being aggressive. My point as a motorist and road user was to see what the cyclists view was of this man and not the views and personal opinions of me. I hope my point has now been put over and tolerant people on the forum can see where i have come from so to speak….. lets us shake hands and lighten up let us all get on with life and have a joke with one another it will make life so much easier……. (jj get rid of the picture on your posts …not the image of an understanding cyclist…….laugh jj it helps and i hope your fingers get better soon i am not the troll you think)

I give up. What a well rounded person would simply have said was..."sorry about that i totally misinterpreted your original post and took it the wrong way, no hard feelings."

Instead, in an increasingly passive aggressive way, you attempt to act the pedant and try to CORRECT me...for what?...for my mistake.

I don't need your advice thanks, not on riding, posting the use of a dictionary or my choice of avatar and most certainly not in "lightening up". You are the only dullness in my day so far.

lastly, neither I, nor this forum need your style of sarcasm and rounded opinion. i was wrong to try to reach out to you. i shan't make the same mistake again.

gw1

I give up. What a well rounded person would simply have said was..."sorry about that i totally misinterpreted your original post and took it the wrong way, no hard feelings."

Instead, in an increasingly passive aggressive way, you attempt to act the pedant and try to CORRECT me...for what?...for my mistake.

I don't need your advice thanks, not on riding, posting the use of a dictionary or my choice of avatar and most certainly not in "lightening up". You are the only dullness in my day so far.

lastly, neither I, nor this forum need your style of sarcasm and rounded opinion. i was wrong to try to reach out to you. i shan't make the same mistake again.

thank you agin for your time jj
i am sorry for the way you feel and i hope others can see exactly why this has happened……..best regards to you sir

Brandane

Legendary Member
I watched some of the programme last night. The thing that stuck with me was what impression did TD make on non-cyclists in London (and probably other big cities) who might have been considering taking up cycling?
If I didn't know any better, I would be thinking "f*** that, it's guerilla warfare out there, I'll stick to the safety of a car/bus/train".
From that POV alone, he didn't do much for the cause.

gw1

i think you are right adrian…..some people are so closed they can not see anyone else's views As soon as a stranger asks about the general views on the "traffic droid" things seem to change people get on the defensive and think its an attack on them. i am glad JJ took it on. tolerance is what is needed and not a blinkered view. the traffic droid has some good points to raise in reality but there are right ways of doing things and wrong ways of doing things aggression is not the answer. I hope my comments and the banter have made people think and how they respond. As a motorist i do think cycling is a good thing and the healthy option in life. i hope i get some positive comments now and i wish all of the responsible cyclists a safe journey and the aggressive ones try to use common sense ……..keep smiling jj:bicycle:

Can you understand why cycle lanes are sometimes shunned now gw1?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I would like to see cycling brought back to schools syllabuses to educate kids in the safe use of cycles and the common use of the highway code, so we are all singing off the same hymn sheet so to speak
You may find that it is available in schools already - it certainly is in my local area. They call it Bikeability these days and the training is also available for adults as well as children.:thumbsup:

gw1

I knew when i posted it that my views would appear that way. it was done a to get the discussion going and to make people react in one way or another ……which is the point of the discussion

Origamist

Legendary Member
I knew when i posted it that my views would appear that way. it was done a to get the discussion going and to make people react in one way or another ……which is the point of the discussion

Very true, threads that deal with "Traffic Droid" could always do with further agitation, that way, they will get locked quicker.

your right glenn i can see why …..sometimes (i am nearly convinced…lol)

I don't understand this post. You attacked cyclists for essentially following the Highway Code advice on cycle lanes. I'm confused what more you need explaining to convince you.

gw1

You may find that it is available in schools already - it certainly is in my local area. They call it Bikeability these days and the training is also available for adults as well as children.:thumbsup:
thanks Phil
maybe we should make more of it up here in the north east ….bikers get to your schools and lets start training kids like we used too bring back the green cross code and tufty (showing my age now) and we might get to cut road deaths down more

Top Bottom