Traffic Droid will be on a new channel 4 program

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Droid on national TV, you can probably fill in the gaps, look what they did to Gaz now apply that to Lewis.

Thanks, I feared as much.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Does poking a stick through someone's car window count as provocation of violence under section 4A Public Order Act 1986?

jarlrmai

Veteran
"Does poking a stick through someone's car window count as provocation of violence under section 4A Public Order Act 1986?"

I don't know does intentionally and aggressivly driving a car too close to someone?

It would be an interesting argument in court. "I was scared and intimidated by a wooden ruler being waved near my head, after I'd steered two tons of metal near the cyclists head".

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Two wrongs don't make a right !

If you are posting video's like this, you've also got to prove you aren't in the wrong also. There are clips where he is circling traffic in a queue, just because he was being nosey between a conversation with a moped rider and a driver (friendly conversation), but he circled the vehicle and rode the wrong way down the road, before circling back - WHY ?

fossyant

It would be an interesting argument in court. "I was scared and intimidated by a wooden ruler being waved near my head, after I'd steered two tons of metal near the cyclists head".

Was there intent with the driver ? Many pass too close, it's 99.99% not deliberate, just poor judgement. Poking a stick into someone's face isn't ! Ruler or not, it could do life changing damage to someone's eye. See it's very easy to turn droids behaviour as agressive - get it in the wrong context and he could be in trouble.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He stuck it into the open window of a taxi. Not a clever thing to do.
The 1 metre stick is very silly. It takes him maybe 10 - 15 seconds to get it out, unfold it and put it away. Time that could be better spent making sure he wasnt sitting in the outside of traffic.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Thanks Spinney
I do appreciate constructive comment on my posts which were meant seriously, i am open to others views and class myself as a well rounded person but…….the chap who decided to call me a half wit and the other guy who politely told me to foxtrot oscar (jj and glow worm ) do the cause no good what so ever. We as "road users" should know the "highway code" and if All of us use the same "highway code" we should not have cyclist and motorists at loggerheads with each other. these people that make unnecessary rude comments are spoiling it for all the decent cyclists around they are no doubt the type of cyclists that think they are always in the right.
i look forward to the nice guys in this forum replying ...

I think, if you look back, you will see that JJ did in fact nothing of the sort.
My comments were sincere and meant to help you. As was the guide that I spent months writing and has had over 40,000 reads, but clearly not one by you

Take some time to do your research...on everything, it will make you better informed

JJ

fossyant

The Taxi one is shown in full about half way through his 'Last Chronicles of May' video.

In my opinion, the taxi was no-where near, and Droid was way too far over the road. The driver passed him slowly, and came to a stop at lights. Droid was on the inside and red-carded him. Taxi man was smiling. Droid then goes round outside and sticks a stick a good two feet into the cab through the drivers window (opposite side of the vehicle). Now tell me if that's not aggressive and provocative ? The taxi driver did nothing wrong. Maybe slightly close for Droid's point of view, but perfectly acceptable for me ? Deliberately confrontational.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I think, if you look back, you will see that JJ did in fact nothing of the sort.
My comments were sincere and meant to help you. As was the guide that I spent months writing and has had over 40,000 reads, but clearly not one by you

Take some time to do your research...on everything, it will make you better informed

JJ

Have you got a link to that, JJ?

Top Bottom