Traffic Droid will be on a new channel 4 program

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gw1

I don't understand this post. You attacked cyclists for essentially following the Highway Code advice on cycle lanes. I'm confused what more you need explaining to convince you.
hi glen
i wasn't attacking anyone just want things changing the way most motorists see things and cyclists see things (i use the word cyclists as apposed to bikers having been a biker….i think everyone who drives a car should be made to drive a bike or cycle for a while to get to know the problems)
the discussion is getting there now thanks to the droid …lol

Kies

I follow @sunofthewinds on twitter and some foolish young man from Sunderland decided to say he wanted to run trafficdroid over .... Duly hastaged sunderland police and he has not tweeted since :-)

Reactions: gaz
hi glen
i wasn't attacking anyone just want things changing the way most motorists see things and cyclists see things (i use the word cyclists as apposed to bikers having been a biker….i think everyone who drives a car should be made to drive a bike or cycle for a while to get to know the problems)
the discussion is getting there now thanks to the droid …lol

But you did. You did attack cyclists by saying you don't understand why they ride on the road. Which cycle path were you referring to?

gw1

hi kies
that is the problem people who use violence to get there views over are the problem with the world today…. you did right in telling the police. the problem with the TD is the way he goes around getting his point over

AndyRM

XOXO
thanks Phil
maybe we should make more of it up here in the north east ….bikers get to your schools and lets start training kids like we used too bring back the green cross code and tufty (showing my age now) and we might get to cut road deaths down more

We've got our own version up here called BikeRight! It's run out of The Cycle Hub on the Quayside.

gw1

But you did. You did attack cyclists by saying you don't understand why they ride on the road. Which cycle path were you referring to?
I didn't….. you think and read into the post that i attacked ….by saying i do not understand why they ride on the road is not an attack on cyclists, its a statement i do not understand why they do it. it is put there to provoke the conversation and to get peoples views on why they do it. i hope you can see the point i am trying to get over

Kies

I didn't hashtag the police, somebody beat me to it. From what i can see of Lewis and his persona ...

Good cause to highlight peoples slack attitude to the highway code, with phones in vehicles being a big one. The other is red light jumpers. He gets more than his fair share of close passes and drivers being antagonised by his type of riding and road position. I understand this is after his crash in 2009. I prefer not to pass judgment on his actions as i like the guy and what he is trying to do regarding cycling safety.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
hi glen

You do realise I am sure that 83% of cyclists also own a car and therefore are also motorists ?

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/why-don-t-cyclists-drive-instead_63557

It is not a motorist V cyclist issue, end of.

gw1

You are right 4f it isn't or shouldn't be a motorist v cyclist issue but you have to agree sometimes it comes over that way……back to the origins of this post regarding the TD he gave the impression that it was a motorist against cyclists or the other way around what ever side of the fence you sit

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I didn't….. you think and read into the post that i attacked ….by saying i do not understand why they ride on the road is not an attack on cyclists, its a statement i do not understand why they do it. it is put there to provoke the conversation and to get peoples views on why they do it. i hope you can see the point i am trying to get over

It wasn't an attack gw1, you're quite right, and I certainly don't think it was at all agressive in the way it was worded. Unfortunately you'll find that some people here will attack you for having the gall to admit to being a motorist, if you had said you had recently bought a bicycle and asked the same question I doubt very much that you'd be called a troll or told to foxtrot oscar!

As a new cyclist……i hear a lot of our members moaning now . the guy that appeared on the channel 4 program called complainers has done the cycling community no good at all in my eyes. i find it hard to understand a lot of cyclists at the best of times when given a safe cycle path to cycle on they continually use the road, maybe someone can tell me why. but the chap that calls himself "traffic droid" should be re named "traffic haemorrhoid" he's a pain in the R's……..a yet to be converted cyclist

It is common for drivers to shout abuse at cyclists and demand they get off the road and onto a cycle path. These drivers exhibit the same confusion and resentment that you did. You didn't ask a question, you made a statement that proved to fly counter to safe practice. You attacked cyclists for doing nothing wrong.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It is common for drivers to shout abuse at cyclists and demand they get off the road and onto a cycle path. These drivers exhibit the same confusion and resentment that you did. You didn't ask a question, you made a statement that proved to fly counter to safe practice. You attacked cyclists for doing nothing wrong.
Some people would (and perhaps should) interpret a statement that someone doesn't understand something as either a simple statement of fact, or a request for enlightenment. Such statements are not always attacks.

Well, he described the cycle lane as "safe" when we know they are more dangerous. maybe he can name the cycle lane he means?

PK99

Legendary Member

In my experience it is very rare - I can only recall two instances since i started road riding about 8 years and 30,000 mile ago

Top Bottom