Trailgator query.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone have any experience of the Trailgator kiddy trailer conversion kit thingy?

They look like a great solution if they work but it looks to me like the towed bike has it's front wheel so high of the ground that the riding position is compromised.

Any thorts people?

Mr Pig

I had a friend who had one of those 'half bike' things that bolted to the back of his bike. He didn't like that.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I'm familiar with trailer bikes Monsieur Piggy. They do vary in quality quite a lot from £89.99 monsters to fab £450 Burleys. You pays yer money.

It's the Trailgater conversion kit I'd like some feedback on if anyone has one or has ever used one.

Yus, quite a lot. had two of them when the kids were younger (tdr1nka's got one of them now).

Did use one on a very small bike once and it did raise the front end quite high but despite that son no.2 was pretty happy on it.

Longest journey on one was 17 miles and the great advantage of them is that when they feel lile cycling you can unclip them and off they go.

You have to set them up right otherwise the bike leans and the kit doesn't fit all bikes but if it does I'd recommend them over a trailer bike for the sheer flexibility they offer.

One in action That's with the small bike by the way

Another yes vote ... Littlest-LC loves it "on the towbar". As others have said, you do need to make sure it's all set up OK so there's no leaning and stuff involved. But I managed to do it so it can't be that hard.

I did inadvertently take her round a bit of single-track at a country park near us when I strayed off the family trail. And it coped with that.

Top Bottom