Trailside puncture repairs - any tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ChrisEyles

ChrisEyles

Guru
I've used the sealant and plug/patch combos on quad bike tyres and they are very effective, as well as being easy to use.

If I bought a decent new MTB (not going to happen but it's nice to drool over them sometimes... I really like the look of the Go Outdoors Calibre Bossnut) I'd definitely go tubeless.

Motozulu

Über Member
Go tubeles...oh, sorry...:laugh:

bjellys

I am tubeless on 3 mountain bikes I always carry a spare tube in case I split a side wall ( the only punctures I've had ) I also carry a tubeless repair kit and some cut up patches of old tyre side wall and super glue to patch the inside of the split before I put the tube in.
The tubeless conversions are done with 25 mm Gorilla tape sealing the rims not Stans tape as it is more than 5 times the price and not as good, Tubeless valves and Decathlon tubeless sealant.You can use the tyres already fitted to your bike initially you may get little dots of sealant bleeding through the sidewalls but this soon dries and seals the only real problem you may encounter is inflating the tyre for the first time.There are a lot of tutorials on Youtube to make things easy.

Top Bottom