Trains to Thurso/Wick tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Much to my surprise, my first attempt this week to book a rail journey with my bike to Thurso found a train with spaces for bikes.

The price from Leeds was a bit eye watering at around £130. Furthermore there was not a lot of time available to change trains at Edinburgh and Inverness.

Splitting the journey at Edinburgh and Inverness and buying tickets for each of the three legs gave longer changeover times and a total fare of around £60.

Using East Coast Trains' web site allows for online booking and the entire process from start to finish took ten minutes or so.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Much to my surprise, my first attempt this week to book a rail journey with my bike to Thurso found a train with spaces for bikes.

The price from Leeds was a bit eye watering at around £130. Furthermore there was not a lot of time available to change trains at Edinburgh and Inverness.

Splitting the journey at Edinburgh and Inverness and buying tickets for each of the three legs gave longer changeover times and a total fare of around £60.

Using East Coast Trains' web site allows for online booking and the entire process from start to finish took ten minutes or so.
Result :biggrin:

Top Bottom