Transcontinental Race 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Fairly wide river to cross on a inflatable, and it was night time!

592E7B3A-764B-42C1-84AC-959643F5C5B6.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The top 11, Fiona in the mix for a top 10 finish

2B298407-64E5-4C05-8A4F-59B6C0C9F14C.jpeg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It seems odd to have such a random river crossing so close to the end of such a long race.
But I suppose they all knew the route before hand. So should have know the ferry times in advance.

It seems odd to have such a random river crossing so close to the end of such a long race.
But I suppose they all knew the route before hand. So should have know the ferry times in advance.

I can't even do sums when I run marathons. I can't imagine how hard it is to sort out routes and plan for ferries when you're sleep deprived. These people are amazing.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

It’s the Danube and if you are finishing in Bulgaria then you are crossing it. One ferry isn’t running due to low water, and I’m guessing Krisjanis thought they could reach the closer ferry to finish before they stopped for the day.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Top seven finished now, Fiona on the final parcours and nailed on for eighth. Bet she's a better piano player than them though...

GuyBoden

Guru
I'm slightly disappointed that ferry crossings were used by the organisers in their choice of route.

Ferry timetables had too much effect on the ride.

Otherwise, I enjoyed watching the dots.:okay:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks for the commentary everyone.

I'll be announcing the Carlton Kirby award for sparkling wit, and the Rob Hatch award for excitability and authentic pronunciation later on. ;)

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I'm slightly disappointed that ferry crossings were used by the organisers in their choice of route.

Ferry timetables had too much effect on the ride.

Otherwise, I enjoyed watching the dots.:okay:

Adding a ferry route in is becoming popular. It has been used in the TCR before and appears regularly in the Pan Cetic Race and probably the Wild Atlantic way. It just adds another element to the race that the riders have to figure out. They know about them months in advance. I have not heard the riders complain about them.

Top Bottom