Transfers and rumours 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eurosport commentary today reckoned that the Nibali bros are both off to Trek next year,
maybe that and Ellingworth going to Bahrain opens the way for G to sign and have a few more leadership roles?

dragon72

Guru
Word on the street is that Landa agreed a move to TBM some time ago, maybe as a package deal involving Ellingworth. I'm not convinced Landa's top shelf.

A move for Landa makes sense though, it hasn't worked out for him at Movistar, he certainly hasn't looked the same rider he did at Astana either for Sky or Movistar, and it seems Enric Mas will sign for Movistar next year?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Alaphilippe's contract is up at the end of the year

https://www.leberry.fr/saint-amand-...aine-c-est-assez-clair-dans-ma-tete_13557661/

Courtesy of Google Translate
Your contract ends at the end of the year, rumors begin to circulate. Where are you with your future?
Many false things have been said. There are always a lot of rumors and gossip during this period. Everyone knows that I am at the end of the contract at the end of the year. It's pretty clear in my head today, I already have an idea of what I want. But yes, teams are interested, I am in contact with one in particular. My decision is not yet final, but I know where I will be for the next two years.

I'd have thought that DQS and Alaphilippe were made for each other. Certainly seems too be working well this year.

Edit: Inrng on Twitter thinks that the team in question is Total Direct Energie.
Unless its purely financial, I can't see what he'd get that's better at DE

rich p

ridiculous old lush

Blimey, is that worse than going to Dimension Data?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Disturbing rumours on the ES commentary today that Carapaz has already signed for Ineos even before this Giro.
I don't like the idea of them signing up all the young talent.

Adam4868

Guru
So they say but they won't all leave, will they?
Sosa hasn't pulled up any trees in this Giro, maybe they could have him:smile:
I think I read (take that with a pinch of salt) that they were after Mas and Benoot ? Anyway shame as Movistar have looked good lately,strong team.I think Landa maybe will allways be looking for a team leader role.Same Quintanna who I'm not sure is ever going to reach his full potential again.Do you see him winning a grand tour ?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think I read (take that with a pinch of salt) that they were after Mas and Benoot ? Anyway shame as Movistar have looked good lately,strong team.I think Landa maybe will allways be looking for a team leader role.Same Quintanna who I'm not sure is ever going to reach his full potential again.Do you see him winning a grand tour ?
Possibly not but I guess he'll be the main man at the Tour. We once thought it would be a Froome/Quintana dominance but the Colombian went backwards for some reason.
Landa has made bad choices of team or been plain unlucky.

Top Bottom