Transfers and rumours 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Guillaume Martin leaving Wanty Gobert to go to Cofidis
You must be heartbroken^_^
Is that a step or down?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Robbie Hatch intimated that Roglic may be on the move as they've named Kruisjwijk as GC man for the Vuelta.
I find that surprising but his support in the Giro was less than stellar

Adam4868

Guru
I hope he has more ambition than that.
The sprinters seem to be atb the top for shorter time these days since Cav and Greipel's glory days.
Viviani, Gaviria, Kittel have all shown vulnerability
The margins are so tight and the pressure to win ? It's less than half a wheel for most of the sprints lately.

Adam4868

Guru
Robbie Hatch intimated that Roglic may be on the move as they've named Kruisjwijk as GC man for the Vuelta.
I find that surprising but his support in the Giro was less than stellar
Yes I felt for him in the Giro,he was a marked man from the off.
Why don't they do that joint leader thing that pays off for so many teams.....lol

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yes I felt for him in the Giro,he was a marked man from the off.
Why don't they do that joint leader thing that pays off for so many teams.....lol
It helps if you've got a back up team!!!

Nibali to Trek. I've always thought of Trek as the team to go to if you're a GT rider past your best. I do hope that's not the case for Nibali.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nibali to Trek. I've always thought of Trek as the team to go to if you're a GT rider past your best. I do hope that's not the case for Nibali.
Well, he is past his best, surely. And has been for a few years IMHO.
An animator like Valverde in his dotage!

Adam4868

Guru
Any news on the Vuelta? Heard Tom de M isn't riding?
Pretty sure he's out,probally for the rest of the year I think.Shame as he's had a shoot year.Mind you so has Sunweb really.Theres talk he's going to Lotto who have some great talent,maybe a good move for him as a team ?

Well, he is past his best, surely. And has been for a few years IMHO.
An animator like Valverde in his dotage!
Well, I didn't like to say. I do wonder about Trek's recruitment strategy. They've got some decent younger riders but Mollema, Porte and now Nibali are all past their best. Top ten riders I guess, so I suppose it depends on strategy.

Adam4868

Guru
Well, I didn't like to say. I do wonder about Trek's recruitment strategy. They've got some decent younger riders but Mollema, Porte and now Nibali are all past their best. Top ten riders I guess, so I suppose it depends on strategy.
Stage wins,one day races with Nibali.Hes a great rider for himself...so to speak.Hes also a "God" in Italy.Last year I was at Lomardia when Pinot won.Youd have swore it was Nibali,who came in second ! He was mobbed.

Top Bottom