Transfers and rumours 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Jonathan Dibben gets a chance to revive his career at Lotto Soudal. Good move for him but seems a bit left field.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't believe the rumour about Cavendish to Bahrain Merida. There's more chance of a move to the commentary box next season than to a World Tour team. Would you sign him?
Depends how many sponsors he brings with him! :evil:

mjr

Well he managed 10th in the ToB today, better than in a long while. But still nothing to get sponsors excited.
In case you didn't know, when Cavendish went to Dimension Data in 2015, he was rumoured to have taken "personal" sponsors along with him to fund it. I expect even after a dud year, he may still have enough prestige to have some.

dragon72

Guru
Although his historical greatness is almost unrivalled, he's just too anonymous in races since his EB Virus woes started. And, in spite of his reknown, he's not just on camera enough any more. If I were one of his sponsors, I would have pulled the plug long ago. And I really like the guy.

mjr

Although his historical greatness is almost unrivalled, he's just too anonymous in races since his EB Virus woes started. And, in spite of his reknown, he's not just on camera enough any more. If I were one of his sponsors, I would have pulled the plug long ago. And I really like the guy.
Firstly, just to spite you, he got on the TV coverage today.

Secondly, dropping someone because of illness would make a sponsor look pretty heartless. Other sportspeople had to do seriously dodgy stuff to lose their sponsors. I expect he's still got some, but we don't really know the details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Possible transfer of WT license from Katusha to Israel Cycling Academy Good news for Dan Martin and Alex Dowsett, if they honour existing contracts . Is there any effective Israeli shampoo I should be aware of?

Adam4868

Guru
Possible transfer of WT license from Katusha to Israel Cycling Academy Good news for Dan Martin and Alex Dowsett, if they honour existing contracts . Is there any effective Israeli shampoo I should be aware of?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news @rich p but your well past the saviour of shampoo stage.

Top Bottom