Transfers and rumours 2020/2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Apparently Bahrain have a better "supply" whatever that means 🙄

astana would be the best bet in that case .....

Adam4868

Guru
Looks like time is running out for B+B and they could be no more ? Which in turn leaves Cav where....looking like most teams have full quota of riders ?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looks like time is running out for B+B and they could be no more ? Which in turn leaves Cav where....looking like most teams have full quota of riders ?

News today apparently. https://www.letelegramme.fr/cyclism...tels-verdict-vendredi-30-11-2022-13231295.php

Incidentally, I loved that French article. I learned French ages ago and used to be just about competent at it, but I rarely use it these days. That article had some really interesting expressions that I did not know.

mettre la clé sous la porte = put the key under the door = shut up shop / go out of buisiness
coureurs phares = lighthouse riders = star riders
se battre bec et ongles = fight beak and nails = fight tooth and nail

Cathryn

Legendary Member
News today apparently. https://www.letelegramme.fr/cyclism...tels-verdict-vendredi-30-11-2022-13231295.php

Incidentally, I loved that French article. I learned French ages ago and used to be just about competent at it, but I rarely use it these days. That article had some really interesting expressions that I did not know.

mettre la clé sous la porte = put the key under the door = shut up shop / go out of buisiness
coureurs phares = lighthouse riders = star riders
se battre bec et ongles = fight beak and nails = fight tooth and nail

Those are fabulous expressions I didn’t know either! Thanks for sharing!

cyberknight

Not confirmed but usually on the ball so to speak,there's a link in there saying all B+B riders have been told to look for another team.

View: https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1598785968693252125?t=gnfBaGsLeyHpl1J6GadNYA&s=19

official according to cycling news
The major ambitions of Jérôme Pineau's B&B Hotels team have come crashing down. After expressing hopes of signing Mark Cavendish and linking up with the City of Paris as a partner, both deals are evaporating, according to Ouest-France.

Pineau informed riders and staff on Friday that they were free to sign with a new team, although technically they were free under UCI rules to break their contract when the team did not get their ProTeam licence application in by October 15.

Adam4868

Guru
You'd think he'd be a good catch,sponsorship wise at least.Which world tour team has less than 30 riders signed up ? If B+B go kapput does that mean Israel could get a place,they've got the money and the retirement home waiting ! Feck he'd be one of the youngest there 🙄
Anyway I'd hope he gets a place and another crack at the Tour/record...be mad for someone to not give him a go.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The challenge is there's all the riders B&B had already, plus those who were planning to sign up. In addition there appears to be a lot of teams who are either shrinking or disbanding as well as the sponsorship pool shrinks.

It's going to be a challenging few years for some imo.

cyberknight

The challenge is there's all the riders B&B had already, plus those who were planning to sign up. In addition there appears to be a lot of teams who are either shrinking or disbanding as well as the sponsorship pool shrinks.

It's going to be a challenging few years for some imo.

do you think the new uci relegation system is not helping matters sponsor wise ?

Top Bottom