Travel insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
Cycletouring and gravel used to be category 1 ,now gravel has been upped to level 4. Our travel insurance has gone up by 40 pounds for this years insurance. Dirt and tracks seems to be more dangerous than cycling in traffic for the insurance industry.😲 Or is it just gravel riders making lots of claims.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It depends on your insurers and their underwriters. Some impose height limits, others don't. Some require helmet use, others don't. Some treat off road as higher risk, others don't. Some treat touring as higher risk, some lower, some the same. It's really worth shopping around.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
So, you're a cyclist are you? Like to ride a gravel bike, do a bit of bike-packing, have a beard, a couple of tattoos? Oh dear! That's very on trend high risk and we think we can fleece you for lots of money......

Personally I just like to do a bit of cycling and as long as this doesn't class as competitive or for reward it's just riding a bike and I insure accordingly.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Or it could be that the local ambulance service needs a helicopter to get you to hospital 🤔.We are talking about worldwide insurance, some places like to see your credit card/ travel insurance documents before they treat you😲.

Top Bottom