Tredz NOT* Committed to Halting their own Demise (*updated status)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are as you claim on the "inside" then you know full well that price fixing is rife & that if you try to buck the trend & offer discounts on manufacturer 'suggested' pricing then you will suddenly run into stock issues, delays in manufacture etc. yet stock to the shops selling at the full MRP strangely manage to get stock.

Nope price fixing isn't rife as far as I see from the shop retail side,we have some flexibility with pricing but not to the extent that CRC/Wiggle obviously have.

D

Deleted member 26715

Nope price fixing isn't rife as far as I see from the shop retail side,we have some flexibility with pricing but not to the extent that CRC/Wiggle obviously have.
Did you type that with a straight face? If that is the case why is the same item for sale in multiple outlets at the same price, each will have it's own cost base which is being ignored to follow MRRP

oldwheels

Legendary Member
EDIT: See last post from me. Despite a promise from Tredz to sort out the order, they didn’t. Tredz suck. They really do. I wish I had cancelled the order.

I really like Tredz website, product choice, customer service and their pricing policy...

...but I really find their despatch and stock system infuriating. I haven’t used them much for quite some time because of this and I have ended up cancelling a few orders. The site says they have stock, you order then a couple of days later you get an ‘order delayed’ email due to out of stock items or supplier delays. This is a pain and slows my purchase up even if I cancel and order elsewhere as they take a day or two to let you know.

Anyway, I thought I would give them another shot and ordered some items for my daughter. No problem initially but true to form I received a standard delayed by about a week email. Rrrrraaagggghhhh.

So I rang up to cancel. However the lady helping me said they would despatch the available items immediately and asked nicely if I would consider waiting for the other items. This was reasonable and I conceded but explained that I was bored with it’s ongoing issues like this and cancelled orders.

She said they were aware of the issues and were losing a lot of business. Therefore a system was being put into place to rectify it. She said in a few months things like this wouldn’t be happening.

Let’s hope they really are committed to sorting this out. We can only hope.
As Globalti says under I don't think they carry any stock but rely on their suppliers to do this for them. Good business model if you can make it work but their suppliers may not be as reliable as they would hope.

D

Deleted member 26715

You’ve reported this anti-competitive behaviour to the Competition and Market Authority I assume?
At the time we were put out of business yes, they weren't interested, which is typical of the Gov resolution authorities

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You’ve reported this anti-competitive behaviour to the Competition and Market Authority I assume?
Yep Fender UK got fined for trying to stop 'discounting' of their products although I will admit to getting my Telecaster at substantially less than 'list price' however it had been used as a display for the 50th Anniversary of the 'Tele' and had as such been in a sealed off window display for a year or more. The result of being in there had faded/aged it considerably and it needed some serious work to get it back to playable condition but luckily I'm friends with one of the best Luthiers in the country (Bob Dayfield) and he sorted it out for me (4 loose/lifted frets, a bowed neck and the 'Action' was none too clever) but a couple of days under his care took it back to what it should be.

Kryton521

Über Member
One worse than Tredz, is "FishFace Cycles". ordered Hope Jockey wheels. Automated response, "order being processed.......' Over a week later still nothing. Have to borrow money to buy alternative jockey wheels, complain to PayPal about the lack of service/response. Suddenly, email, "order has shipped....." But I cancelled it two days ago! No answer when I phoned, no response to emails???
If the Jockey wheels turn up I'll send 'em straight back

Did you type that with a straight face? If that is the case why is the same item for sale in multiple outlets at the same price, each will have it's own cost base which is being ignored to follow MRRP

As I said I can only go by what happens in the shop,can't speak for other cycle shops or other parts of retail,you obviously have no issue with Wiggle etc selling at a tiny profit which most small shops can't compete with.

As someone once said, "some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing,,,,"
That's my last word on the matter.

Top Bottom