Trek Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I really like the look of the Trek bikes. The Madone would be my choice, had I not got an aero bike already.

Really like the look of the Emonda too.

Has anyone had or got a Trek road bike? What’s your experience?

Has anyone used their Project One customisation?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I really like the look of the Trek bikes. The Madone would be my choice, had I not got an aero bike already.

Really like the look of the Emonda too.

Has anyone had or got a Trek road bike? What’s your experience?

Has anyone used their Project One customisation?

Everyone I canvassed before purchase rated them very highly.

Two months ago I purchased a Domane ALR 5 Disc that had a creaky BB and noisy Isospeed Decoupler. Despite two attempts by the LBS to quieten the Decoupler no improvement was made.

Replacement bike (same model) had a 'clicky' noise in the headset. This was stripped down etc but the noise remained and I was left with the option of it 'being sent back to Trek for a few weeks' or my money back - I chose the latter.

Probably: I was just unlucky. :sad:

I got a Madone 2.1 4 years ago and it's been lovely to ride for 12,000 miles. It developed a crack in the seat tube a few weeks back and so I should get a new frame to replace it shortly. Tempted to go for a Domane as it's a bit more relaxed.

No complaints here!

Interesting that there are two responses, from actual purchasers, and both of you have had problems with the quality of the kit @SpokeyDokey @tallliman.

Only after 4 and a bit years and over 12,000 miles.

I wouldn't know what Trek assume for the average bike frame life but I'd expect they are assuming most bikes won't reach that many miles. Lack of use or taking a lot of time to reach that many miles probably mean it doesn't happen as much.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Why do TREK use the same letters to name their bikes?
Madone name came from Mr Armstrong's favourite training climb. Given the Domane and Emonda are closely related to their sister model it's not that daft. Domane is also 'The King's Crown' in Latin, while Emonda is a take on the French 'to trim'- quite apt given it's the weight weenie option.

Been very happy with my Portland- workhorse of the fleet- and would happily buy another Trek.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've got a trek emonda and it's a superb bike.

Mrs kes has a silque (women's domane) and she loves it.

No issues with either. Although friend of ours with a madone had an issue with frame after a couple of years. It was replaced under warranty with no quibbles.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Good to hear from someone with an Emonda. I am still fancying one as and when my other bike gets sorted out.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've never heard of it in standard Italian. (My God would be Dio mio) Nearest I can think of is the exclamation "Madonna!"

You might hear it in Friuli though, where it means mother-in-law.

Yeah you clearly know your Italian better than I ever will. The Trek elite bike being called "The Mother in law" in Friuli amuses me greatly.

Top Bottom