Triban 3! Woo!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
The saddle is a hard and uncomfortable own brand job, the pedals are metal cage with 'mini clips' which are basically just the front part of a toe clip without the strap. I changed both before even turning a wheel...!

Cheers, if I go the Triban route I'll stick on stuff from The Box.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The Triban saddle is long, quite thin and is soft. I have one in front of my right now, don't know what ib81 is talking about it being hard (unless they have at some point used different saddles?). Not only is the padding soft but the shell is also pretty flexible in part due to the central channel to relieve stress on your delicates. In fact I think it is too soft. None of my 3 (substantially more expensive saddles) are anywhere near as soft. In fact my most expensive saddle is like a rock in comparison. Harder is better, provided it is the right shape for your anatomy.

lb81

The Triban saddle is long, quite thin and is soft. I have one in front of my right now, don't know what ib81 is talking about it being hard (unless they have at some point used different saddles?). Not only is the padding soft but the shell is also pretty flexible in part due to the central channel to relieve stress on your delicates. In fact I think it is too soft. None of my 3 (substantially more expensive saddles) are anywhere near as soft. In fact my most expensive saddle is like a rock in comparison. Harder is better, provided it is the right shape for your anatomy.

Nope same saddle i am guessing but i found it hard and so uncomfortable for my nethers to the point i ended up rather erm... Sore when i used it on my MTB...

Saddle comfort is hugely subjective though, what feels like cushioned velvet to me may feel like concrete to you ;)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
For the record, I have not cycled on the Triban saddle it is not my bike, it is my girlfriends. I am just referring to it's shape, size and softness from looking at it and poking it a bit. No idea if it is comfortable.

lb81

Triban saddle v the 'Xls everyday' saddle i normally use.
569cf385-5174-4b2f.jpg
569cf385-5186-0482.jpg

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I haven't ridden one, but I have had a good look in store, and it appears to be unbeatable value for a starter road bike. As far as the saddle and pedals are concerned, it seems from the comments I have read that a lot of Triban purchasers are new to road bikes, and would find any road bike saddle uncomfortable, likewise the pedals/clips awkward. At the price I don't think you can complain. I would expect to change both the saddle and pedals on a new bike anyway (and also the tyres). We never got to the bottom of Jazlocs' tyre episode either - did you return to Decathlon? Was the tyre faulty?

Top Bottom