Triban 3! Woo!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
It's got a rear brake ! :hyper:

:biggrin:

And Gears ;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
An ?Apollo? MTB, which, when it appeared at a recent CC Ecosse Forum ride, had 'issues' with the rear mech (knackered) and rear brake (none).

Not too hard a bike bike from which to upgrade but Jaz liked it, it stirred his enthusiasm - and he still got round our ride after the chain was shortened so he could ride SS for 40miles. :bravo: (never had a rear brake, though :ohmy:)

Good on you, Jaz :thumbsup: and take it easy as you get used to it. ^_^

Lancj1

Well done. I have had my Triban 3 for a couple of months and its really nice to ride. What I have done is..

I flipped the stem the other way to make it a bit more upright.
I changed the pedals because I am old fashioned and I just want old fashioned pedals with no fancy clips.
I am thinking of getting 25mm tyres of a higher quality brand, as the Triban is a bit jarring over rough roads (nb - maybe its road bikes that are jarring over rough roads ?)

Be careful with it though - its a cracking looking Bike and others will appreciate that !

wealthysoup

Lancj, I changed to a pair of Michelin pro 4s and they seem to be a good bit more comfortable, although still 23. I assume decent wider tyres would make a nice difference

subaqua

What’s the point
The pads will bed in, but stock pads are always naff anyway, even on top spec stuff.

As soon as it rains these pads will wear away very quickly, but are OK while you get used to things.

Swisstop or Kool stop Salmon pads will improve things dramatically :thumbsup:

I can agree with all of that. I used shimano pads as my 1st replacement and they are now my emergency back up pads

defy-one

I went to Paddington station to bring home my beat up hybrid - saw not one,but two tribans locked up!!!!
They really do make great low cost commuters

Top Bottom