Triban 3! Woo!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Congratulations dude from one tribani to another :-)

^_^ Just in from a quick 2 and a half mile cycle. I've got to get used to the drops, I like the feel of them but I don't have much braking power when I'm on the hoods. Any idea what to change?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Almost forgot, I picked up a bike tool, some padded gloves (red to match the Triban :biggrin:) and a tube of energy gel. Yet to try the gel, might try it on the commute tomorrow.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Dont change anything, just get used to the bike first, I have no problem with braking from the hoods and you probably wont either after a day or two.

Still Im one to talk, I took my clipless pedals off and fitted pedals with toe clips and have still note chsnged them back yet after 5 months :B)

Cyclist33

^_^ Just in from a quick 2 and a half mile cycle. I've got to get used to the drops, I like the feel of them but I don't have much braking power when I'm on the hoods. Any idea what to change?

From what I remember from my limited spell of drop bar cycling, you just learn to anticipate earlier the need to brake!

But you can of course adjust them, if you understand that particular dark art. I don't.

Stu

sittingbull

Veteran
^_^ don't have much braking power when I'm on the hoods.
New rubber blocks on new rims will only improve with use. The rim surface will score and the blocks will become a mirror image. Sometimes I rough up the braking surface of the blocks (not the rims!) with sandpaper if it's a problem.

Braking from the hoods is less efficient, but still preferable IMO to changing hand position when imminent stopping is required.

vickster

Legendary Member
Super stuff...one lucky young chap :bicycle:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I just wanted to say what a pleasure it's been reading this thread. I've definitely been caught up in the excitement of Jazloc's new bike. I'll be looking to buy a new bike fairly soon (insurance pending) and the Triban is one I'm seriously considering. It is my fear that between now and then that Decathlon will realise that they could easily get away with charging an extra £50 for the bike.
Nice thread. Feels like xmas.:smile:

defy-one

They will get better as the pads bed in. Don't change anything. I find the triban stops better than the Defy. Will probably change the pads on thr defy at some stage

Top Bottom