Triban 3! Woo!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Col, Fubar et al - we have a problem ..... :biggrin:

:bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I'll have some more pics up later in an alum, I'm struggling to get the pedals off though :sad:

The bike as standard
5afwj.jpg

Front view
Qeep0.jpg

Brakes
Gyry6.jpg

Removed the wheel reflectors and lights, added btwin saddlebag
Sd3Y7.jpg

XUvsw.jpg

I'll post some proper pics tomorrow, I plan to commute to school with it.

I'll have some more pics up later in an alum, I'm struggling to get the pedals off though :sad:
Ideally make sure you are using a proper pedal spanner, they're long for a good reason., and make sure your undoing them the right way, both pedals undo towards th back of the bike.

Last thing, watch your knuckles on the chainring, they hurt :whistle:

FYI, just found this that sums it up nicely,

"Beginners who have a problem remembering which way to turn the wrench when removing pedals should remember the saying "back off". No matter what side of the bike you are working on, right or left, you mount your wrench on the top side of the pedal bolt and then turn the wrench toward the back of the bike to remove the pedal ---"back off". Then just remember when replacing the pedal or adding a new pedal to turn the wrench forward to tighten. Make sure you mount the wrench from the top of the pedal or you will be working in the opposite direction. So remember 1) mount the wrench on top of the pedal bolt and 2) "back off"

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Ideally make sure you are using a proper pedal spanner, they're long for a good reason., and make sure your undoing them the right way, both pedals undo towards th back of the bike.

Last thing, watch your knuckles on the chainring, they hurt :whistle:

Don't have a proper spanner, unfortunately. Going to leave the flat pedals on and take off the toe cages and take it down to the bike shop and get them to fit them.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Nice. You will enjoy the T3. 1500 miles on mine since February!

Amazing bike for the money. And i prefer the red of T3 to the white T5.

Enjoy :becool:

Will do! Loving it already!

Don't have a proper spanner, unfortunately. Going to leave the flat pedals on and take off the toe cages and take it down to the bike shop and get them to fit them.
OK, most of the bikes I've bought have always come with one, I think they are usually 15mm.

You can use a standard spanner, and being new they should come off easily enough.

Whether you do it,or you get the shop to do it make sure to use some copper grease on the new threads, or you'll have a hell of job ever removing them again :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

OK, most of the bikes I've bought have always come with one, I think they are usually 15mm.

You can use a standard spanner, and being new they should come off easily enough.

Whether you do it,or you get the shop to do it make sure to use some copper grease on the new threads, or you'll have a hell of job ever removing them again :thumbsup:

My spanners quite thick and the crank and the frame is quite a slim whole, don't want to scratch/strip anything yet. I can leave it till tomorrow.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

In case anyone was wondering, it's a 54cm. I tried out the 51 but I felt too cramped.

Top Bottom