Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Unfortunately i couldn't take a photo' as my memory card was full at the time. My grumble is about the lift in Accrington's Sports Direct. It's had a 'temporarily out of service' sign on it now for around 4 months! I can't get upstairs with my dog stroller and obviously anyone in a wheelchair or with a pram can't do either. Wouldn't you think with all the zillions that company makes that they'd get someone out to fix the lift!!!!🧐

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Advertisement stated location is 15 miles away from actual location :sad:

When you create or rename a folder on your desktop (windows 10), why do they always snap down to the line below on the left?. Can't they just stay where they are?. After all, you can move them around anywhere....

This might fix it:-
Right-click an empty part of the desktop.
Select the "View" option.
Select "Align Icons to Grid."

Your desktop folders and other shortcuts then snap to the grid automatically - to the nearest grid node (pretty much where they are placed). Basically you're toggling the auto-arrange off, which whacks them top left I think.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This might fix it:-
Right-click an empty part of the desktop.
Select the "View" option.
Select "Align Icons to Grid."

Your desktop folders and other shortcuts then snap to the grid automatically - to the nearest grid node (pretty much where they are placed). Basically you're toggling the auto-arrange off, which whacks them top left I think.
Damn, I just tried that and all of my icons shot into left-based columns. Why is there no 'undo' on auto-arrange! :laugh:

ColinJ

Sorted! Fortunately, it only involved moving about 10 icons back. I keep my frequently used ones on the left, and rarely used on the right.

Desktop icons are only useful if they are where you expect them to be and there are not too many of them. I laugh when I see people hunting through hundreds of icons trying to find a particular one!

Gunk

Guru
A lack of simple “exit” signs in park parks cheeses me off, I was in one today and I ended up having to use pure guess work to get out of the bloody place.

Dag Hammar

In the past few months, this is the second bike I’ve seen on FB Marketplace where the forks are back to front.
I’m not sure if it makes me angry or amuses me.

Attachments

• C071542A-407A-449B-AD10-4B3AA7A54420.jpeg
    C071542A-407A-449B-AD10-4B3AA7A54420.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 10

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Sorted! Fortunately, it only involved moving about 10 icons back. I keep my frequently used ones on the left, and rarely used on the right.

Desktop icons are only useful if they are where you expect them to be and there are not too many of them. I laugh when I see people hunting through hundreds of icons trying to find a particular one!
After suffering from self-rearranging icons on numerous occasions, I installed Desktop Restore from http://www.midiox.com
It allows you to save your present icon arrangement (multiple times, if you sometimes want to try a different layout) and restore any of the saved layouts on demand.
No problems since

In the past few months, this is the second bike I’ve seen on FB Marketplace where the forks are back to front.
I've read adverts that stated '"new but didn't like it" and told two sellers of the error, one thanked me for making the bike rideable, sadly it's never a trek domane in XL going really cheap because of it.

Black arms on coloured cycling jackets - it's the one area that needs to be brightly coloured - when making hand signals for example.
In fact: 'any colour as long as it's black' winter cycling jackets.
And not having a black central bit on the jacket that could disguise road spray. In fact rubberise that bit up and including the pocket.

Then go nuts with colour everywhere else.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Blimey, and the saddle is slammed down, and the stem is full on "Hello sailor", up amongst the clouds. What creature rode that, what does it look like, what nightmarish anatomy does it have?

ColinJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom