Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Three baking trays that are an increasing size that have been put back in the pantry in the wrong order!

Davos87

Guru
Shower gel containers with triangle shaped tops which make it difficult to turn and stand upside down so you can get the last dregs out of them.
Channeling my inner Yorkshireman #tightwad

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Bottles and containers where the plastic top is kind of bonded / moulded tight onto the glass so that it can't easily be separated and recycled.

Most bottles, you take the top off, wash the plastic or metal top and the glass bottle, and into the recycling they go. But where it's moulded on you can't remove and separate the 2 materials, you can't even wash the container out easily if it has a "dropper" moulded into it. Sarsons vinegar is bad for it, as is Lea and Perrins, and Jif lemon juice bottles. Make the lid separate damn it. The dropper part can and should be a removeable part.

Bottles and containers where the plastic top is kind of bonded / moulded tight onto the glass so that it can't easily be separated and recycled.

Most bottles, you take the top off, wash the plastic or metal top and the glass bottle, and into the recycling they go. But where it's moulded on you can't remove and separate the 2 materials, you can't even wash the container out easily if it has a "dropper" moulded into it. Sarsons vinegar is bad for it, as is Lea and Perrins, and Jif lemon juice bottles. Make the lid separate damn it. The dropper part can and should be a removeable part.
Our recycling instruction say we should leave the tops on - in spite of the bottle be recyclable and the top not:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I know they use a camera system to find the plastic bottles and, as far as I can work out, they maybe need the tops on so the bottle is stil bottle shaped and the camera/computer system can recognise it
maybe
this also shows wht you cannot recycle black plastic bottles - the camera system can;t see black!

it is all a bit weird unless you know teh details of exactly how it sorts out the bin contents

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I bought a pair of Endura cycling gloves a few years ago and they had a hard rubbery logo on the index finger, just about visible in the picture below. Didn't notice until I went to wipe my brow with the padded thumb and thought I'd cut my forehead open.

I ended up picking the logo off as they were a decent pair of gloves other than that.

It's annoying that one small detail can ruin what is otherwise a perfectly good item.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
This might fix it:-
Right-click an empty part of the desktop.
Select the "View" option.
Select "Align Icons to Grid."

Your desktop folders and other shortcuts then snap to the grid automatically - to the nearest grid node (pretty much where they are placed). Basically you're toggling the auto-arrange off, which whacks them top left I think.
Thanks, I'll try that:okay:.

We do have another really annoying thing on our work laptops which cause delays, even deleting files can be a hassle - 'synchronising with the One drive'.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Our recycling instruction say we should leave the tops on - in spite of the bottle be recyclable and the top not:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I know they use a camera system to find the plastic bottles and, as far as I can work out, they maybe need the tops on so the bottle is stil bottle shaped and the camera/computer system can recognise it
maybe
this also shows wht you cannot recycle black plastic bottles - the camera system can;t see black!

it is all a bit weird unless you know teh details of exactly how it sorts out the bin contents
Yes admittedly I am blind to how it's taken care of behind the scenes, maybe the odd plastic top just burns off in the glass process, who knows. If I knew more it wouldn't irk me, but I do worry about the trivial!

Our recycling advice isn't detailed, just says to include bottles, lids, but it doesn't say whether they need to be complete or separated.
Complete would seem illogical to me since you have two materials that you'd think need separating.

Top Bottom