Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The hair in my ears. Irritates in a minor way and looks daft.

I don't see strange placed hairs till I've been out walking, shopping etc, which makes me think I haven't seen them but someone else will have done.
Funnily enough, I dealt with that problem a couple of hours ago...

My mirror is hanging in a slightly dark location so I used my front bike light to shine on the problem areas. I have one of those little rotary razors which works pretty well. It can be used 'blind' but it is hard to trim everything. The bike light made the little tufts stand out, ready for destruction.

The joys of male ageing - hair migrating from where you DO want it to where you DON'T want it! :laugh:

When I was a teacher in a secondary school my classroom had a projector to display the computer screen on a board
when I walked in front of it the VERY thin and wispy hairs on top of my head were very well highlighted

I had one class for about 12 lessons a week - they always informed me when my hair needed trimming

My form group was 13-16 years old and they - especially the girls - very good at telling me when my eyebrows 'went weird' or some hairs in my ears started becoming obvious

not a teaching technique I was taught at University - but it seemed to work

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While out walking in the local park today I saw a dead rat was still there 2 days after I first saw it. I shouted at my dog to keep away from it. On the way back, before I could bark my orders again to keep away he walked up to it and sniffed at it!🧐 Why the feck would you want to sniff a decomposing rat?!🤔

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why the feck would you want to sniff a decomposing rat?!🤔
I wouldn't!

Mind you, I'm not a dog... :laugh:

My friend took her dog for a walk over the local hills. The dog smelled something and ran on ahead to investigate. By the time she caught up she found the pooch rolling around inside the rotting remains of a dead sheep! xx(

A few weeks later my stepdaughter took her dog up there and he did exactly the same thing... (It bloody STANK!!!)

I was curious about this behaviour so I searched and found articles like THIS ONE explaining it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wouldn't!

Mind you, I'm not a dog... :laugh:

My friend took her dog for a walk over the local hills. The dog smelled something and ran on ahead to investigate. By the time she caught up she found the pooch rolling around inside the rotting remains of a dead sheep! xx(

A few weeks later my stepdaughter took her dog up there and he did exactly the same thing... (It bloody STANK!!!)

I was curious about this behaviour so I searched and found articles like THIS ONE explaining it.
My first Jack Russell had a habit of finding dead birds and rolling in them. The worst case was when I saw her rolling in a squashed dead crow, complete with what looked and smelt like a dog dump on top of it.xx( Thankfully my current mutt is half JR half Shih Tzu, so he's not a full terrier meaning he isn't into smell camouflaging. He just tends to sniff and pee on dead stuff rather than roll on/in it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My old GSD used to sometimes find something to roll in - her favourite REEKED
I suspect something to do with foxes - nothing on her fur - but you could smell it from many yards away!!

The look of extasy over her whole body when she found this stuff was amazing - she just loved it and couldn;t understand why I dunked her in a lake or insisted on refusing to let her in the house until she had been totally hosed down in the garden first.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hate it when my mutt is having a number two and someone near me says "Your dog is having a poo", as I'm watching it come out. My thoughts are yes I know he is so why do you feel the need to tell me, as if to suggest I was going to ignore it and not bag it.🤔 Another annoying 'poke your nose in moment' is when I'm eating chocolate and my mutt is looking at me as if to say 'give us some', then someone says "Don't feed him chocolate it's bad for dogs". I'm 61 years old and I've had dogs around me for 60 of those 61 years. I don't want some bossy git talking to me like I'm an imbecile!:thumbsdown:

figbat

Slippery scientist
People who post “TO THE PERSON WHO……[rant about some perceived injustice or social faux pas]” posts on Facebook. Do they really think the person in question will see the post, reflect on their behaviour and change their ways? Or is it just self-satisfying, look-at-me, sympathy-seeking, “you ok hun?” twaddle?

To that point, people who wish their partner or household family member happy birthday, happy anniversary or whatever on Facebook. Why do we need to see you doing that? Why not simply turn to them and say “happy birthday“?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Inappropriate music in adverts.

There are two separate ads using Enola Gay by OMD at the moment, a TV subscription service and one of those meals in a box companies.

The irony of Andy McCluskey singing about nuking Japan while some hipster dances about his kitchen preparing chicken teriyaki seems lost on them...
Depends. Is it a microwave meal?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
That stupid Apple Watch advert, which would have us believe that if you have an accident, the watch will report your location to the nearest tenth of a degree of latitude and longitude.

For the location quoted in the ad, that represents a search area of just over 32 square miles. Hmmm.

Top Bottom