Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
People who put another dish down on top of the one I was about to dry with my tea towel, causing me to need a dry one sooner…
People who don't dry up after washing up. Thus leaving everything with watermarks:stop:

classic33

Leg End Member
People who dry up as soon as they (or someone) has washed it - hence making the tea towel soaking wet after only a few bit of washing up!!!

just let it drain for a bit!!!
A rinse in cold water and allow to drain, requires less drying and fewer changes of the tea towel.

Also helps, the tea towel situation, if you don't use fabric conditioner on them and don't iron them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who don't dry up after washing up. Thus leaving everything with watermarks:stop:

People who dry up as soon as they (or someone) has washed it - hence making the tea towel soaking wet after only a few bit of washing up!!!

just let it drain for a bit!!!
1643013608548.png

I find that placing 'the washing up' at angles allows it to drain/dry without the need for tea towel use. When cups for example are placed flat down, the water clings onto the base as it can't drain, but a cup at an angle lets it drain. The ex Mrs Accy used to place plates flat on our draining board which annoyed me immensely.:stop: In fact so much so that it was brought up in our divorce proceedings.🧐

I suggested that my local sauna's ceiling should've been placed at a slight angle to let the globules of condensation drain, instead of being at an even angle where the water clings to the ceiling. Flat roofs are the same. Why don't they make them with a slight decline, so there's less water build up leading to leaks and sometimes roof collapse?🤔

Last edited:
+1. I have a 2-tier dish rack, it's very handy. Leave to drain/dry for a few hours and then no tea towel required

Less work AND more hygienic, too. No damp teatowels to hang around growing stuff, then be used again 'because it's dry'.
Rinse suds off in hot water and straight onto the rack. When it's all done, the stuff on the rack is simply left to dry then put away. I usually drape a teatowel over the top of the rack while the crockery etc dries - that's a hangover from when I lived in the dusty, sandy Middle East; I have no idea why I still do it, except that I'd rather see an interesting or attractive 'souvenir' tea-towel than a rackful of mundane crockery.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
People who don’t wash up

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Delivery drivers who make no attempt to announce their presence. Twice over the weekend I had a parcel and a food delivery. Both drivers didn't use the doorbell which is right in front of their nose. One of them knocked so quietly that no-one heard, I just found my food in the porch by chance. The other one had left the parcel outside and walked away. I bought a doorbell so flippin well use it!

figbat

Slippery scientist
Delivery drivers who make no attempt to announce their presence. Twice over the weekend I had a parcel and a food delivery. Both drivers didn't use the doorbell which is right in front of their nose. One of them knocked so quietly that no-one heard, I just found my food in the porch by chance. The other one had left the parcel outside and walked away. I bought a doorbell so flippin well use it!
I have noticed this shift in behaviour, driven originally by COVID protocols and now the new normal. Sometimes they knock and run but sometimes the first I know about a package is either I stumble upon it when leaving the house or I get the "Your parcel has been delivered!" notification email or text message. The only ones that knock and wait are those that require evidence of delivery acceptance (signature or photo of you with your delivery).

A rinse in cold water and allow to drain, requires less drying and fewer changes of the tea towel.
in my experience there is a strong correlation between people that do this, and people that actually get the dishes properly clean before the drying stage.
I conclude that the towel-dryers treat the towelling process as a way of getting the last few bits of dirt off the dishes.

So clean properly, quick rinse, air-dry: Win-Win!

Top Bottom