Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
And it's my personal choice to believe that anyone who needs to fly a flag to remind themself - or anyone else - of what country they're in, is, to put it plainly, stupid.

I would agree, but then I don't believe anybody who flies the national flag does so for anything even slightly similar to that reason.

You can think it unreasonable to fly that flag (and I agree), but why try to make out that people who do so are that stupid?

If I bought a house that happened to have a flag pole in it then I might fly a flag

but my main worry would be people thinking I was one of those right wing nutters
so the reasons would be to either
a) celebrate specific things - like St George's day or things like poppy day etc etc - but nothing any other days
b) fly 2 flags - ST George's flag or Union Jack plus something about LGBT or Labour Party or other things that the right wing people would dissapprove of

The point being to try to reclaim the flag(s) as I object to fact that a lot of times people fly it are for the wrong reasons - in my opinion!

and - NO - I'm not thinking of erecting a flagpole

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I’d fly this flag

234725_1.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
What annoys me is when I walk around the side of the house, the squillion lumen security light goes on.. This is good.. (its shaded so the light goes downwards and won't annoy the neighbours)
After a while, if I'm not moving much, it goes off. When I start moving again, it stays off until I look at it to see why it's not coming on.
That's exactly when it does come on and I end up with arc eye!!

Alex321

Veteran
What would YOU think of someone in YOUR street flying a Welsh flag, (I assume you are Welsh and in Wales?
I am indeed (though I was born in England, I consider myself naturalised Welsh, having lived here permanently since 1978).

If they do it all the time, then I would think it rather silly. If it is just on occasions when they are showing support for some major event involving Wales (usually sporting), then less so, though it is still something I would never do myself.

Fat Lars

My wife will insist on spouting out the history of every actor that appears as we watch a TV programme or film so you end up missing stuff. Or doesn't he look like so and so. or doesn't she look old I wonder how old she is. Put it on hold while I look her up. FFS

PS I love her really

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My wife will insist on spouting out the history of every actor that appears as we watch a TV programme or film so you end up missing stuff. Or doesn't he look like so and so. or doesn't she look old I wonder how old she is. Put it on hold while I look her up. FFS

PS I love her really

I'm guilty of the very same..

Tribansman

Veteran

PS I love her really
:laugh: although that's slightly better than 'ooh, what've I seen him in before?'...'its going to bug me if I can't think of it'...'what HAS he been in before?' :stop:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I do that....:whistle:

:laugh: although that's slightly better than 'ooh, what've I seen him in before?'...'its going to bug me if I can't think of it'...'what HAS he been in before?' :stop:
I'm really good at spotting actors from different places - my wife is terrible at it, so we often get into "Oh, it's her/him!" followed by "yeah, they've been in stuff - what was it?" and me "come one, you know, we saw it recently!" and thus-forth, me teasing and her getting more frustrated until IMDB is deployed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
So we still have no opinion on non English flag flying types then?
Why would I want to fly an English flag? I would not fly a union flag either known in Scotland as "The Butcher's Apron".
View attachment 628176
People who proudly display the Union Jack, or Union Flag if you prefer... Upside down!

It's not difficult to get it the correct way up, is it?!
When I was a Boy Scout many years ago I sometimes had to raise that flag. I always made a point of putting it upside down and nobody ever commented on it.

Top Bottom