Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We can look forward to millions of upside-down Union Flags this weekend - and indeed millions more that are the right way up but by a 50:50 chance rather than awareness. In some cases it is the manufacturers that are getting it wrong - putting flags on sticks or on bunting the wrong way around etc. :cursing:

When I was in the Boy Scouts many years ago and I had the task of flag raising I always made a point of putting it upside down. Nobody ever noticed so just as well we were not in distress.:tongue:

figbat

Slippery scientist
When I was in the Boy Scouts many years ago and I had the task of flag raising I always made a point of putting it upside down. Nobody ever noticed so just as well we were not in distress.:tongue:

At least you knew!

Chief Broom

Veteran
People who throw stones for there dog :rolleyes: dont they know it does there teeth in, I was just sat by the sea and this woman emerges from a huge expensive motorhome and starts throwing stones for her dog to chase and pick up.......obviously couldnt afford a tennis ball... :rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People who throw stones for there dog :rolleyes: dont they know it does there teeth in, I was just sat by the sea and this woman emerges from a huge expensive motorhome and starts throwing stones for her dog to chase and pick up.......obviously couldnt afford a tennis ball... :rolleyes:
I worry about them chucking sticks for dogs. I have seen dogs run to catch a stick by one end and have the opposite end dig into the ground. I can envisage a terrible injury with a stick getting rammed down a dog's throat! :eek:

Ah, the BVA agree!

Some dude on twitter has totally trumped my avatar:

IMG_20220604_122820.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's an old biddy on a local Facebook page annoying me. Folk post questions about this and that. She just has to reply to almost all of them, even though she doesn't have anything relevant to offer! For example today someone has asked if anyone knows of a person who lived on a certain road many years ago. She replied "No, Can't say I do". The other day someone posted about a lost cat (which more or less happens every day) Old biddy replied "Wish I could help, but I don't know where it is". I was tempted to post " Oh, but I'm sure you could help, simply by keeping your fecking nose out"!! If someone posts for example about a charity event raising money she'll post stuff like "Well done to all those who gave their time and effort", like she was in charge, even though she wasn't even involved in the event. I wonder when the police appeal for witnesses to crimes, accidents etc if she messages them saying "Sorry, wish I could help, but I don't know!:dry:

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
There's an old biddy on a local Facebook page annoying me. Folk post questions about this and that. She just has to reply to almost all of them, even though she doesn't have anything relevant to offer! For example today someone has asked if anyone knows of a person who lived on a certain road many years ago. She replied "No, Can't say I do". The other day someone posted about a lost cat (which more or less happens every day) Old biddy replied "Wish I could help, but I don't know where it is". I was tempted to post " Oh, but I'm sure you could help, just by keeping your fecking nose out"!! If someone posts for example about a charity event raising money she'll post stuff like "Well done to all those who gave their time and effort", like she was in charge, even though she wasn't even involved in the event. I wonder when the police appeal for witnesses to crimes, accidents etc if she messages them saying "Sorry, wish I could help, but I don't know!:dry:

Good for her ^_^ I've often been tempted to reply in a similar way :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There's an old biddy on a local Facebook page annoying me. Folk post questions about this and that. She just has to reply to almost all of them, even though she doesn't have anything relevant to offer! For example today someone has asked if anyone knows of a person who lived on a certain road many years ago. She replied "No, Can't say I do". The other day someone posted about a lost cat (which more or less happens every day) Old biddy replied "Wish I could help, but I don't know where it is". I was tempted to post " Oh, but I'm sure you could help, simply by keeping your fecking nose out"!! If someone posts for example about a charity event raising money she'll post stuff like "Well done to all those who gave their time and effort", like she was in charge, even though she wasn't even involved in the event. I wonder when the police appeal for witnesses to crimes, accidents etc if she messages them saying "Sorry, wish I could help, but I don't know!:dry:

She probably feels as though the person asking the question is asking her directly, and replies accordingly. Don't forget that she lived 3/4 of her life before social media existed!

You see the same thing with Amazon reviews... "I haven't actually opened the parcel yet but I am sure that the product will be just wonderful"! The reason is that the Amazon software asks for a review and the person answers immediately rather than waiting to open the parcel and check out its contents.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
sure you could help, simply by keeping your fecking nose out"
Some people are quite lonely and isolated. My MIL is the same, posts very similar things on FB, but she's elderly and lives on her own, and can't get out much on her own, so feels that FB is an outlet for her. It's likely the same on every town FB page in the country, if my local one is anything to go by!

Top Bottom