Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This being a terrible day with pouring rain and high winds I am indoors ferreting around utube and found one with a pet annoyance probably only relevant to Scots.
People who do not wear kilts the correct length. The bottom of the kilt should be mid kneecap length and not half way down the calves.
Most are probably now hired but when I was working in distilling I often wore a kilt as day wear and there were a few others who did likewise. Not common nowadays but it was partly a bit of showmanship and also demonstrated clearly who was boss as only those in charge dressed informally. In summer it also gave good ventilation.:rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is this trivial i wonder?🤔 About two hours ago i was on a supermarket car park,struggling with my hands full of stuff. To make matters worse my untied dog mess bag managed to touch my mutt's lead and put some dog shoot on it! As i was wiping the mess off with anti bac stuff a car appeared,with the driver wanting to park right next to me. It was impossible as i had my passenger door open while i was sorting things out. Now she could've parked anywhere as the car park's a big one and there were loads of spaces here and there,but no she wanted to park right next to me. Anyway,after about a minute of her revving her engine and sending me telepathic hate messages i closed my passenger door to let her park. As i was still sorting myself out she noticed the dog shoot bag on the floor. "Are you going to pick that up" she said to me. 'Yes i am when i get the chance,but i'm quite busy at the moment' i replied."Oh right,i'm just checking that you are" she replied. The red mist came down upon me! 'Oh and i'm not wearing a muzzle(mask) as well,so aren't you going to ask me why i'm not' i replied. "I'm an off duty police officer and i'll be watching out for you" she replied. To which i replied 'I don't give a toss if you're the chief constable of Lancashire,keep your fecking nose out and don't threaten me'! I saw her in the store a few minutes later talking to a bloke. She glared at me and must've told this bloke as he glared too. I'm a little disappointed with myself for getting into a verbal confrontation with her,but pleased as well that i didn't back down. Especially when she blurted out that she was a copper. I should've said 'This isn't a police matter' and maybe should've said other things,but no i think i gave as much back i she dished out!

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought my dog a new bed the other week. I did so because at the time he was ripping bits of his old bed and it was beginning to look unsightly. When i got the bed home i looked at his ripped bed and thought maybe just give it a few more rips before i can justify binning it. Since i bought the replacement bed in anticipation of him destroying his current bed he hasn't touched it. I just want him to do a bit more damage but he won't do.:headshake:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
New neighbours that have put a gate in their drive with the retaining post millimetres from my house wall then bang it shut several times a day which reverberates through the wall into my house...................along with their two yapping dogs and jobs getting done on the house by their noisy brother most weekends, my peace has been shattered.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
New neighbours that have put a gate in their drive with the retaining post millimetres from my house wall then bang it shut several times a day which reverberates through the wall into my house...................along with their two yapping dogs and jobs getting done on the house by their noisy brother most weekends, my peace has been shattered.
That is not Trivial! Have you thought of trying these?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I am currently fortunate in that my neighbours have two small girls and 2 dogs. One of the dogs gets excited now and again but nothing serious and they are well controlled and cleaned up after. He is also very helpful and will cut my grass the next time he is doing his own.^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That is not Trivial! Have you thought of trying these?
That does remind me of a story which I could put in a new thread regarding retail/wholesale. At a Trade Fair an Irish woman wanted free samples which I would not give her as her trade credentials were doubtful. Some time later we all had to leave the hall due to a fire in the ladies toilets. When we got back in all the samples she wanted had vanished. A bit extreme but true.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
This being a terrible day with pouring rain and high winds I am indoors ferreting around utube and found one with a pet annoyance probably only relevant to Scots.
People who do not wear kilts the correct length.
When you say 'probably'... :whistle:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
When my DAB radio doesn't display what's playing now on the scrolling text on the little screen, it really boils my piss.
Last night it constantly alternated between 'Stuart Maconies's Freak Zone' and 'Stuart Maconie travels to the furthest flung corners of left field music' and never named the track being played. Now, I knew it was the ******* Freak Zone, that's why I tuned in, and I didn't need to be constantly told so, also I didn't give a toss about knowing where he travels but I would like to have known what was playing without having to wait for him to say and possibly not catching it properly or, worse still, missing what it is if he told us before it came on.

Top Bottom