Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But the onus should not be on everyone bar drivers of cars to make sure they are wearing reflective clothing! It is the drivers responsibility to be observant in areas with pedestrians. Obviously cycling at night with no lights is dumb.

If someone decides to transport themselves using a potentially lethal tonne of metal, then they are responsible for ensuring that it doesn't kill anyone. Same applies to me while cycling, I chose to ride, so it's my job to do it in a way that doesn't risk injuring a pedestrian or a child.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So if we do 'do it in a way that doesn't risk injuring a pedestrian or a child' yet a pedestrian or a child get injured by you the driver, do you agree that it's not the driver's fault?
You're going to have to unravel the logic of that for me, I'm afraid...
I think Accy is getting at this kind of scenario...

Many years ago, a friend of mine was driving through a small Welsh town when he saw a movement through the windscreen of a parked car. It turned out to be the top of the head of a small child running out between two vehicles. He slammed on his brakes, swerved to his right and somehow avoided running her over but struck her a glancing blow which knocked her off her feet. The child got to her feet and ran home crying with my traumatised friend in hot pursuit. He followed her into the house and found himself screaming at her stunned parents who were apparently sitting watching TV, completely unaware that their toddler had run off!
:ohmy:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok. If some dick doesn't make an effort to be seen on dark nights,why is it my fault if i collide with them,if i'm not breaking the speed limit? It's ok talking about driver responsibilities,but even if you're over cautious like me,responsibility works both ways! The former Mrs Accy used to come home from work,telling me 'I nearly got run over on that main road'blah blah. And what are you wearing i replied? No need to answer as i can see what you're wearing,i said to her! You're wearing a black coat! why not carry a bag with reflective piping,no need for a high viz jacket,just a little bit will make you safer i'd say. She still wouldn't listen to me. Instead she preferred to put her life at risk by wearing dark clothing on dark nights! What more could i do?!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Ok. If some dick doesn't make an effort to be seen on dark nights,why is it my fault if i collide with them,if i'm not breaking the speed limit? It's ok talking about driver responsibilities,but even if you're over cautious like me,responsibility works both ways! The former Mrs Accy used to come home from work,telling me 'I nearly got run over on that main road'blah blah. And what are you wearing i replied? No need to answer as i can see what you're wearing,i said to her! You're wearing a black coat! why not carry a bag with reflective piping,no need for a high viz jacket,just a little bit will make you safer i'd say. She still wouldn't listen to me. Instead she preferred to put her life at risk by wearing dark clothing on dark nights! What more could i do?!
Do you have lights on your car Accy?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Do you have lights on your car Accy?
Yes,why ask?🤔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just opened a packet of rye crispbreads,only to find i opened them at the bottom not at the top. I find it annoying when that happens. Though not as annoying as when i do it with a packet of crisps.

Top Bottom